“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

First, let's just get something straight. We did not eat the calf that I was holding (In the pictures he sent with the weird things he had eaten). That is disgusting. I would never allow that. I had already become too attached to her. Alright. Moving on;)
 
Elder Reid is awesome! We get along smashingly! We both enjoy a lot of the same things, and he is the first companion that I have had that really likes instrumental music! We both play guitar and we both are really into discovering new approaches to missionary work! This week we are trying a bunch of new ways to tract, one of which is to sing on people's doorsteps! So that should be fun! Taber offers a lot more opportunity to do more "traditional" missionary work. We have recently made a goal to tract our whole area over again. We came into the area being told by other missionaries that the area is dead and that there is no work here. But because of a lot of prayer and faith, and because of some really cool ways to tract, we have been doing great! Just off of tracting a block and a half, we have picked up a new investigator, taught 3 other lessons, received 2 referrals, and we have placed a few Books of Mormon! Those kinds of numbers are insane for this area, so we can't wait to see what happens with the rest of the place! We are really relying on Christ to get some things done, and I can't believe how many awesome experiences I have had while I've been doing the work! We recently tracted into a man named Ed Booth. He lives just across the street from us on the opposite side of the block. He is a Jehovah's Witness. When we knocked on his door, he opened it up and invited us right in! Which quite honestly we didn't expect... And then I just thought he was a member and that it was all a joke because he just let us in without even asking who we were! But then he told us that he was a Jehovah's Witness, and that was awesome! We shared some of our beliefs with him, and while he didn't necessarily want to take formal lessons, he said we could come by anytime. He was talking about how he believed that he really didn't have any desire to go looking for more truth because Jehovah's Witnesses believe that after John the Revelator died, revelation ceased. The spirit told me that I should show him the picture of the two circles, one being the Bible, and one being the Book of Mormon, and how many lines could be drawn through the Bible but only one line could be drawn through both the Bible and the Book of Mormon! I asked if we could come back and tell him how our church reconciled both books. He said that would be great! He's such a kind man, and that's originally why I thought he was just a member inviting us in! So cool! I can't wait to have scripture study with him!
I'm having a great time out here! Today, I officially turn 5 months old in the mission! In one more month I will be burning a tie to mark my 6 month mark! A quarter of my mission will have already gone by! That is absolute madness! I'm sorry that it hasn't quite been going fast as you like, but it is blazing by for me! I can't believe it! I'm so grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve Jesus Christ! He really is here helping me. I know that everyone always says that, but really. I don't just believe anymore. I have a knowledge that Christ is here with me doing His work. I'm just happy to be along for the ride! 

I love you all! 19 months to go, eh?

-Elder Warenski

No comments:

Post a Comment