“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

I have been transferred to a tiny town called Taber. It has about 8,000 people in it. So that's a thing. It's actually the exact same city that my seminary teacher, Brother Matson, served in. My new companion's name is Elder Reid. He is pretty much awesome. He has a golden sense of humor and we are already having loads of fun. Getting transferred is probably the hardest thing that I have done on my mission to date. It was even harder than leaving you guys, my actual family. The reason is because some of those people I have to accept that I may never see again. Which hurts so bad. I've not really been home-sick for home very much because I know I will see it again. But I've definitely been home-sick for Magrath. Mom, you should come pick me up from my mission. Then I can take you on a tour.

Anyway, we are living in a basement suite underneath some members. It's actually kind of a funny story. I walked into the apartment and I had a panic attack. It was absolutely filthy. DISGUSTING. Elder Reid's past companion is not a clean person. There was a bunch of junk scattered all over the floor and a bunch of crap that the past Elder had left. So I spent Thursday night and all day Friday cleaning the whole place with Elder Reid. We vacuumed the floors, threw out a bunch of crap, re-arranged the furniture, scrubbed every surface, cleaned the bathroom (which was abominable), and basically got a new apartment. You would be proud of me, Mum, haha. It was disturbing. But now, it has been cleaned to the level of OCD. Now, I love being there. I'll send pictures of the before and after. Suffice to say, the inside of the Microwave - which is never known to be clean - was the cleanest part of the place. *Shudder*

No ipads yet. I doubt that I will see ipads until the end of my mission, if you really want the truth. However, we will be getting online proselyting tomorrow! I don't know how I feel about it. Our mission is pretty disobedient, so I don't know how it's going to work. It seems like another way to get sent home. But we'll see! What will happen is I'll just leave my old facebook account as it is. I'll make a new account under the name of Elder Nathan Warenski. I can only communicate for missionary purposes only, and I can only communicate basically if I'm teaching someone. So yeah.

PRESIDENT GRAVES! What a guy! I can't believe it. That is absolutely amazing! He is going to do such a great job. He's such a good man. He's in my prayers. So are President Huff and President Droubay. Also a bunch of studs. That is so awesome. Let me know who the Bishop is going to be right as soon as you can. That is so awesome!

Get in on that Payson Temple program. Holy cow! What an opportunity! And knowing Greg it's going to be exactly up to par. Super excited to hear how it turns out! I have heard a lot about Into the Woods as well. Apparently it's got some pretty different organization, but no worries. I trust Sondheim, and he was directly involved in how everything panned out, apparently.

Anyway, not much to report on other than Transfers. I will be emailing on Tuesdays from now on. That's just the way we have to do it in our area. I love you so much!




-Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment