“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

I'm doing well! We continue to try out new tracting methods. We actually haven't been able to try out the guitar ideas yet because the snow came down on us pretty hard the other day... It's been snowy and foggy and cold, so we've been taking a different approach until the weather gets into the positives again. But we gained another investigator! Woot woot! We tracted into her! Her name is Ashley. She's so golden! She let us in and let us give the entire first discussion - which hardly ever happens up here - and she accepted a return appointment! Elder Reid and I were so stoked! We teach her again tonight, so pray for us and for her! We teach her around 7 o'clock so wish us luck. Mr. Booth is doing good as far as we know. We haven't met with him again, but we should be able to get back in. 

I'm glad that the Payson Temple Celebration is moving forward! I ran into a lady in Lethbridge the other day who said that she was from Payson. I told her that a good friend of mine was doing the program for the temple and she was so excited. She said that she was going down there for the open house!
 
 I don't know when I am going to have my missionary facebook, but it doesn't look like it's going to be any time soon. As of now, only Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders (STL's) are allowed to use it. But we'll see what happens. They'll slowly roll it out to the mission until it gets to the "Grunt" level;)

I'm always positive in my letters and emails because honestly, what is there to be sad about? We're blessed with so much. Christ is with me and the Spirit is with me. Nothing matters but knowing that Christ loves me and that I'm doing things that make him proud.

So these are my thoughts this week. Lately we've been struggling with the Member missionary work in Taber. But I don't think that it is just in Taber. In fact, I know for an absolute fact that it is not just Taber. If members would be more inclined to share the gospel with EVERYONE they meet no matter who it is or what their fears are, the church would be growing in every area of the world and the missionary force would be unstoppable. But because members aren't fully utilizing their power of position, some wards have a stagnant missionary effort. I want to invite all of the members that can read this to more lovingly reach out and tell people what we know. We know that the Savior lives and that He loves us. We know He will heal us and save us. There is nothing more important on this earth for anyone to learn than that. Are we the ones that are keeping that knowledge from someone else?

I love you all and hope that everything is going well. You're in my prayers.

-Elder Warenski

No comments:

Post a Comment