“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

ALLLLRIGHT, Mom:) here it goes!

This is everything that I wanted to tell you before, but couldn't because of time;) First, I'll respond to everything that you said in your email.

Thank you for the box! The transfer is going to end soon, so we will get mail next Thursday at the very latest. I hope that the package got to Calgary by then. And it's going to be a breath of fresh air! It's been so long since I got mail. I was always waiting on a letter from you guys or Marcela (pretty apparent why those didn't come) but I don't actually think I've had anything come in the mail since Christmas! I'm seriously not trying to guilt trip anyone into sending more letters or anything, I am just excited! I'll check out the voice recorder. That's a really awesome idea! I've got a few stories I wouldn't mind passing along that I had happen when I was in Magrath. That would be sweet. That's so awesome that you met that Elder from Magrath! I don't think I would have covered his wards. In Magrath, we covered 4th, 5th, and 6th wards, so he was probably in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. No surprise he knows the Wolvers. The only ones in Magrath that don't know the Wolvers are my Natives.

HOLY COW! Thanks for planning ahead with Noises Off! But most of all, thank you so much for waiting for me! You said Noises Off in the email and I thought "Oh no.... they're going to do it without me..." I may or may not have been ready to shed a few tears until I read "we're going to keep it up and use it for every play until you get home..." so that's a relief! Thanks for thinking of me;) On the other hand - a total Tevye thing to say - I'm really excited for the turn-table! God bless Steve Davidson! It's always so awesome to have a good builder! We've always been blessed to have such great guys!

OH MY GOSH! Jake is seriously my favorite. That kid. I freaking love him! Tell him that I'll need to borrow his Babe-slayer costume when I get home! You don't know what that means... But seriously! Make sure you tell him that! He'll laugh. Really hard. And make sure you tell him that I miss him and that I tell all of my companions all of the crazy stuff that I did with my brothers... er, well... cousins, before I came out! I'm so psyched that Josh turned in his papers! I assume he's turned in his papers since you say he is waiting for his call. That is going to be so sweet! I wish that I could be there to see him open it. Just tell him to hold on to it until mother's day, that way I can see it;) I'm sure Aunt Jen will agree, haha! Glad that Grandma is hopefully going to get the help she needs, and I hope that she can get out of the hospital as soon as possible if she has to have a surgery. Oh, and be sure to give the nurses the heads up that if any Apostles happen to want to visit my Grandmother, they had better let them in. I'm still trying to forgive that one nurse from the last hospital visit. It may take awhile. It's so good to hear about Harold! Be sure to tell him that I use his hymnal all the time and that I have sung in Sacrament Meeting several times with it! It has really been an awesome tool! Glad Lexi is home! I'm sure Mark and Kiz are really happy! All of the missionaries in my mission call home "the land of eternal p-day", haha. I can't disagree. I'm so excited for Scott and Leksi! They are so awesome. And then Kalin will be coming home soon after Scotty! So sick!

Alright. Now that I've responded to everything, here is how my week went.

It was awesome! Honestly, I keep on repeatedly thinking back on how I have not been single since grade 9. My mind is blown every time I think of that. It is definitely weird to be single - and not looking, mind you;) - after being in a relationship for that long. As for how I have been doing, I've been great! I'm so glad that I have Elder Reid here with me. God truly knows what He is doing, and President Nicholas is inspired, because Elder Reid was also Dear John-ed about 5 or 6 months ago. He's really been a huge help. I mean, we're guys, so we didn't like... cry over each other or anything. But what we DID do was amazing! We went and bought a TON of coke and some doughnuts from Tim Hortons on the night that it happened, and we watched Bible Videos on our little DVD player (mission standard) off of a disk that Elder Reid's mom sent him in the mail! It actually was really awesome. We didn't really drink much of the coke though... We started doing a workout system that is supposedly way more intense than P90X, and the coke was like drinking poison. It's called The Asylum. It's Shaun T's workout system, and it's kicking my butt. But hey! I'm eating super healthy and I'm starting to lose more weight! Remember that one time when everyone in Utah said I was going to get fat on my mission?

TAKE THAT!

Other than that, we are trying to find people to teach, and we are teaching as best we can. I've been reading through the book of Acts, lately. Paul is seriously one of the most incredible people to ever walk the earth! He is a model missionary and is a perfect example of NEVER closing your mouth to ANYONE about Jesus Christ. That doesn't matter if you are a missionary, The Prophet, or a sunbeams teacher. NEVER close your mouth about the Savior. Share with every single person you know. Paul is such an amazing man because he never feared what would happen. He only ever feared God. The blessings of Jesus Christ rain down from heaven as we share with others His gospel.

Thank you to everyone who supports me out here, and thanks to my family! Mom, Dad, Cierra, and Mikaila, you guys are what drives me out here. If everyone could have a family like ours, everyone would be insane... but they'd be happy like I am:)

Love you all!!!

-Elder Warenski

No comments:

Post a Comment