“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

(For the record, I told Nate about the two elders who were kidnapped and held for about three hours in New Mexico recently. I mentioned that those sorts of stories are hard on a missionary mom.)

Things are going great! Sorry that what happened to those elders scared you so bad! Don't worry too much! The spirit is with us. Not to mention, this is Canada. I'm not saying that it never happens up here, I'm just saying that it probably wouldn't be a knife. They'd probably try to beat us with a syrup-y waffle or something. I think we'd survive;) And there is always what Nauman taught me! I used that just the other day! Long story, but nothing dangerous;) 

I love that... "Bishop Christensen"... That is just so awesome! I think about it all the time! There is a scripture in D&C that I was reading just the other day, and it was one that Bishop Graves had taught me and that I remembered him by. So in the margin of my scriptures I wrote "President Graves"! So sick!!! Glad that Lexi is home and that she got her talk done.

I'M SO STOKED THAT JOSH IS GOING TO FREAKING ARGENTINA!!!! HOLY COW!!!! I was so stoked when I found out! I'll bet Aunt Jen is freaking out! But it's all good:) Tell her not to worry! Josh can handle himself, and what Josh cannot handle, Jesus Christ can!

You're right! 6 months down! 18 months to go! I'll be home in one Sister Mission! I'll be home in 18 Fast Sundays! 11 Transfers! Haha don't worry Mom:) I love the mission field and I am grateful for the time that I have to serve! You will be too, when you've seen how much I've grown (not to say that you aren't already appreciative of it;D).

I just have a couple of things to say about the week this week! So, the news about the mission is that Elder Reid and I are going to be taking a ward out of Barnwell this transfer. Barnwell is the town directly west of Taber and they used to have two Elders there, but they've finished their missions and are going home this transfer. So we will be taking Barnwell 1st ward. Also, I have found that I relate a lot more to all of the melodramatic pop songs about love and breaking up;D Elder Reid and I were in a shop or something the other day and I heard Adele. I've never related more to her music in my life! ;) 

We've got an investigator up in Vauxhall, but she snapped her leg in half so she couldn't meet with us. And then we have a lady here in Taber, but she's being silly and not talking to us, so whatever;) We're working hard.
I love you so much! Thanks again to everyone who supports me out here. I'm so very very grateful!

-Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment