“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

I am SO stoked for the new Bishopric. Like, seriously. Andrade Christensen?! It only makes sense, right? I mean, he was the guy that our whole deacon's quorum thought was like... John the Revelator or one of the Three Nephites! He's just that good of a guy! Our ward is in good hands! Shane and Grandpa Clark will do amazingly:) Neither of them are new to this, and both have such amazing testimonies!

It has been insane how many blessings that I've received! I can't believe that all these amazing things are happening and that I get to see them first-hand. I miss Austin and Alec so bad you have no idea.... I miss having them to just chill with! They're my brothers and that will never change! Bros for life! They're awesome guys.

Glad that the show is coming along! I miss theater so stinking much. It's seriously not even funny. What I wouldn't give to be back on stage and in character! But that will come. Oh yes, that will come.

Not much news up here. The area is doing alright. Ashley sadly dropped off the radar -_-. It was the boyfriend.... He came to the door when we showed up for our return appointment and told us that they had talked about it (most likely a very one-sided talk) and that they didn't want anything to do with the church. Elder Reid and I were furious. But it's alright. They'll figure it out someday.

Other than that, the only big news is that I got Dear John-ed. Marcela ended it! I'm hurt, but I'm still alright;) Almost 5 years in that relationship and now it's over! That's crazy! But it's all good. She's making the decisions that she feels are best for her! And I am free to make my decisions as I will. Heavenly Father is going to set me up with the girl of my dreams after my mission, so I really don't need to worry about anything at all! I honestly think that Heavenly Father prepared me for it, if you really want the truth. Yesterday was p-day, and we were at the Lethbridge Stake Center. Everyone was in the gym playing something like basketball, and I'm not really into that, so I went and laid down on the couch in the foyer. I wasn't tired so I sat back up, and I decided to say a prayer as if Christ were sitting right beside me on the couch. I had been thinking about Marcela in the off moments of the days because her emails sounded like the bomb was about to be dropped. So I talked to Christ about it. At first I was concerned, then my concerns simmered until I didn't really have a concern left. I knew that I'd be hurt once all was said and done - and I am, to some extent - but I've gained one of the greatest gifts of my life from this experience. I have gained an unshaken faith in Jesus Christ. I honestly now feel as though nothing can happen that Christ cannot make right. I know that Jesus Christ was listening to that random (but apparently not so random) prayer that I gave yesterday in the foyer. He comforted my soul and let me know that all would be well! And I truly do believe that! My soul is light and Christ is with me, so I'm not afraid. A wise friend on my mission told me that every single thing that happens to us happens for a reason, and I am so grateful that Christ operates that way! It gives meaning to our trials, and I have learned to be grateful for the trials that I have. I now have an opportunity to start fresh and seek the things that will bring me lasting happiness! And I'm so grateful for that. I'm grateful for the time that I had with Marcela, and I hope that she finds happiness as well!

Thanks for all you do for me, Mom:) And I'm thankful for everyone that supports me on my mission like Grandma and Grandpa, all the Aunts and Uncles, Robinne (My other mother), and many many others. I've also been thinking of Brother and Sister Shelley a lot. They are such amazing people and I'm so grateful for the love that they always showed to me before my mission. They are such amazing people. I'm grateful for all that everyone does for me, and I'm serving and loving the people! Thank you for everything you do!

-Elder Warenski

No comments:

Post a Comment