“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Monday, September 15, 2014

We have deer outside our house!
Magrath is pretty much 90% LDS! Most of the work that Elder Gibbs and I do here is reactivation and family lessons! I've been having a load of spiritual experiences while studying and working! I have had the opportunity to study the scriptures like no other time in my life! We are living with some members right now. The Taylor's. They're great, but they never really talk to us. But that's okay! We're barely ever there anyway! They have a copy of one of President Ridges "Made Easier" books! I have been reading the book of Revelation lately alongside the Ridges study guide, and I have learned SO STINKING MUCH! For instance, I never knew that the Savior actually made covenant with God the Father that he would be the Redeemer! I mean, I totally understood that Christ was chosen to do that work, but I never knew that it was an actual covenant in the premortal existence as described by John in Revelations! It blew my mind! Also, Elder Gibbs has a copy of "The Infinite Atonement" by Tad R. Callister! I've been learning from this book so much about how the Savior loves me and about how loving He is! Sometimes our church gets so caught up in all of the other aspects of Jesus Christ that we sometimes forget that very first and foremost, Jesus Christ LOVES us! He really does! My testimony of this grows HOURLY. He loves us with all of his being, and the Atonement is our proof and evidence of that! Revelations 3:8 says: "I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and has kept my word, and hast not denied my name." To all of my family: Jesus Christ KNOWS that you cannot do this on your own! He KNOWS that you have inadequacies! But He is not worried about that! He knows that those things are covered through His sacrifice! What He IS concerned about is whether or not you will take His name upon you, or deny it like so many in our day and age decide to do! Choose Jesus Christ! It is by him and through him that we can achieve Exaltation!

Elder Gibbs has basically become an older brother to me! He is helping me understand missionary work so well! He's a companion that knows when to study, and when to have fun!

Just so that you know, you don't have to worry about anything while I am here! The members are extremely supportive of us! I have to tell you about Brother and Sister Stuart! They are like a second family to me now! Brother Stuart is Canadian but, like us, embraces his Scottish heritage! He wants to move to Edinburgh just like me! I'm taking that as a sign from God that I am destined to move there;) Sister Stuart is from Zimbabwe! She is the most endearing person in the mission! She loves us so much that she has even given us keys to her house! She tells us all the time that she regards us as family and that we are loved! It really helps me survive out here!

We ate dinner with the Holthe (Hol-thee) family a few nights ago! Their son Broiden (Age 6) was saying the prayer over the food! He had just showed us a bunch of tricks on his trampoline out in the back yard, so he folded his little arms and prayed "Please bless the elders that they'll be able to learn how to do a double back flip and a somersault..." It was the most ADORABLE prayer I have ever heard!

Elder Gibbs and I often go do a rest home in Magrath called the Diamond Willow. This is literally one of the most worthwhile things I do here! Serving these people is an amazing and rewarding experience! We "bowl" with them once a week! Bowling in the Diamond Willow is basically setting up something similar to a pinewood durby ramp, and sending balls down the ramp to try and smash all the pins! I'll take pictures next time, but it is so awesome! Seeing these people's faces light up when they get a strike is one of the most awesome experiences ever.

On kind of a different note, I've also been flipped off for the first time! We were standing by the side of the highway between Magrath and Raymond (another city near Magrath) and a truck driver was driving by and saw we were missionaries and flipped us the bird! It was epic!

Thank you for all that you are doing for me and for your testimonies! I Love You and I'll email again next Monday!

-Elder Warenski

No comments:

Post a Comment