“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Monday, September 29, 2014

Cleo is the family cat where Elder Warenski lives.
She's very nice except right after this pic was taken she scratched Elder Gibbs and made him bleed.

New winter coat. Hope it is warm enough.


I'm so glad that Tyler Brummett is on his way! I really wish I could have been there... But he is joining the ranks of the army of God, so he'll be in good hands just like I am right now. Everyone gets that huge push from Lucifer right before they go... He's such a stinking jerk... But he can't stand the Spirit, and out here the Holy Spirit is ever present. He'll do great! lol Air Bender... I didn't think he'd use Air Bender, but all of us had SOMETHING quirky about our farewell talks:)

Marcela mentioned that Kate had come home. I am so glad that she's back and that she's getting used to being a civilian again;D That's awesome that Melissa is leaving soon. And Ethan! That's sweet. I don't even know where Ethan has been called. You should let me know. And Will! I am so excited for him! For all of them!

That is awesome that you saw Kadan Pehrson. I miss him so much. He always had a way to make people laugh and slap a smile on their face whether they wanted it or not! What a great guy!

I love Harold! I hope I hear from him soon. I can't wait to hear about all the awesome things he's doing. 

I can't believe that I've been gone a month from Saturday! That is absolutely nuts to me! There are only 23 more months until I come home and only 22 more fast sundays! That is nuts! I think a lot about home. Not in a distracting way, but there are loads of things I miss. I miss theater SO MUCH! I was really really ill last week and was almost confined to my bed at one point, and so I wasn't able to sing. But I am fine now and I am singing more than ever. And Elder Gibbs was in choir and is a high tenor so we are a great vocal match! He is awesome!

I also can't believe that I'll be 19 in a few days! It's weird. But only because I think it will pass right by. It will just be a usual day out here pretty much. But that's alright.

I also want to tell you about an experience that Elder Gibbs and I had yesterday in church while we were teaching the beehives in the Magrath 6th ward! We were supposed to teach them some things about the commandments, particularly honesty, keeping the law of the Sabbath, the law of tithing, and about fasting! I had a pretty incredible thing happen to me! Elder Gibbs and I had walked into the classroom at the very beginning of the class and knew that we were in for it... Teaching beehives is like trying to teach a cat tricks.... But before we got up to teach them, I said a prayer that we would be able to teach them well and that they would get something out of what we said. So we got up to teach them. As Elder Gibbs and I were teaching them about tithing, a thought popped into my head about teaching them the story of the Widow of Zarapeth and relating it to tithing. I haven't even thought about that story in literally years and had no idea where it was in the scriptures. I remember You teaching me the story of Elijah and the Widow ever since I was a little kid because for a long time it had been similar to our situation. Sure, we never starved, but you had it rough for a long time to be able to raise us. So I prayed that I would be able to know where the scripture was so that I could share it with them! Then miracles happened! All of a sudden a thought popped into my head that said "1 Kings". I was so stoked! I pulled out my scriptures - which made the beehives go crazy because they became so distracted over my duct tape scripture case - and I turned to 1 Kings. I turned through the chapters and read the chapter headings until I finally found it. 1 Kings chapter 17! I started to teach them about the story! They absolutely loved it! I held their attention and I was able to teach them some of the principles from that story that I have held so dear since I was a boy! The Lord answers prayers! I am still trying to figure out if that experience helped the beehives or myself more! It was one of those miracle moments where all you can do is sit there afterward and think "DID THAT FREAKING JUST HAPPEN?!" just like Olan Rogers! It was an incredible moment in my mission and I'll never forget it!

The only other news I have as far as the work goes is that one of our investigators is moving closer toward baptism. His name is Brandon and he is getting so close. We are getting more and more results from him and he is getting closer and closer to the Savior. He is praying about baptism and we are hoping to get him to church more and more. Make sure you pray for him. He is getting so close!

I am grateful to have family and the more I am on my mission the more I discover how blessed I am to have you. I am discovering that family is the most important thing that we can pursue in this life, because it is the only thing that matters in the next!

-Elder Warenski

No comments:

Post a Comment