“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Hey Mom!

Everything is going fantastic! I am having so many amazing experiences and I have grown more spiritually in the past 6 days than I have in my entire life!!!

Teaching investigators is so much harder than everyone puts on.... It's difficult and it can even be pretty tedious sometimes, but it is rewarding when you are able to see the light of Christ burning in someone's eyes! I am grateful that I have the opportunity to help lead Heavenly Father's sons and daughters back to him!

I miss everyone so much! I had the chance to crack open Your (Mom's) and Mikaila's letters the other day! Both were a spectacular strength exactly when I needed it! And I must admit... I got teary-eyed as I read the quote by Gandalf in Mikaila's. She knows me too well!

I am serving with the Best Companions in the world! Since Elder Brower (my first companion) departed home, I have been in a trio companionship with two other Elders. Elder Oliver Mann is from Lester, England. That's about 20 miles south of Nottingham. He is an inspiration! He's hilarious! I remember that the MTC was serving "Fish and Chips" for lunch one day! He was rejoicing until he tried them! He threw the biggest hissy of his life because they apparently were not authentic and they didn't have the correct vinegar! He threw all his food in the bin and was completely distraught! He also calls Queen Elizabeth "Old Lizzie", which made me laugh for about 15 minutes when he first said it. Our other companion is Elder Godfrey! He is awesome! He is a natural athlete and an incredible missionary! He's from Rexburg Idaho and he is amazing! I began to be sick while here (just a minor cold, no need to panic) and I asked him for a blessing. It was his first one, and it was one of the most powerful blessings of my entire life! I can already see the hand of Jesus Christ in our work! He is with us and none of us could operate without his strength!

Our flat is nice and cosy and we have LOADS of food, so don't worry. I was made Zone leader of district 64C, and I am loving it! I Love having the opportunity to serve the other Elder's on a Zone level! They are amazing and I'm glad that we have so many dedicated missionaries! We struck gold in this aspect!

On Sunday I watched a devotional by Elder Bednar that changed my life! It was a recording of the devotional given by Elder Bednar at the MTC years ago! You can only view it within the MTC! Elder Bednar teaches about the Character of the Savior! He explains how the Savior was constantly turning outward! Even when other people would have shrunk and turned inward and fed their selfishness, the Savior turned outward and served! Study the moments when Christ had endured the temptation (there is after all only one temptation, but three instances) and fasted for 40 days but still sent the administering angels to John! Study the moments after Gethsemane when even after Christ had suffered, bled, and been betrayed by his apostle, he healed the guard's ear! And study the moment when even as He, our Savior, was hanging on the cross and dying for our sins, he thought of the welfare of his angel mother and made arrangements for her to be taken care of! These incredible instances help me realize that this is not MY mission, it is his! As Elder Bednar says: "Get over yourself! This is not your mission! Who cares what you want!"

Whenever I am with investigators, I pray that the Savior will be with us and that they may be instructed by the power of the spirit. Whenever we are in our flat, I pray that the Savior will be with us. Wherever we are and whenever we are there, my companions and I seek the companionship of the Holy Spirit and the will of our loving Savior Jesus Christ! We are about the Lord's work and we are being instructed in the ways of being the Savior's instruments to bring his sons and daughters back to the fold! I am deeply grateful for this opportunity! How blessed I am to be able to participate in "bringing to pass the immortality and eternal life of man!"

I Love You all and I pray for Your health, safety, and happiness! If there are any of you that struggle or need to know where to find happiness, it is through the Savior Jesus Christ!

-Elder Warenski

No comments:

Post a Comment