“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

So I have a whole list of things to tell you about! I have started writing them down in my planner so that I don't forget! Here it goes:

1. I have learned that I must never under ANY circumstance discuss politics with the Older sect of the Canadian people. This is an absolute no-no. We were at a dinner appointment with some members of one of the wards that we covered. We were having a nice chat that suddenly turned political. Anyone who knows ANYTHING about me knows that I am... "passionate" ... when it comes to such things. A heated debate began. The funny part about Canadians is that when it comes to politics there are really only three differences in their views, and they all correspond to age. The youngest generation doesn't give a darn, so they'll agree with whatever you say. Canadians from age 2- to about age 45 will argue with you about politics, but only because they are die-hard Canadians. Then there are the old guys.... These are the most stubborn people I have ever met. Canada could enact laws on whatever they wanted and these people would still have just as much patriotism. It doesn't matter what you say. They will REBUKE you. Elder Gibbs had to smack me under the table to get me to shut up, and we made it out of the dinner appointment with friendships still intact. But it was interesting. Crazy crazy old guys. My patriotism, however, is still intact! Elder Gibbs and I are known to coast down the roads of Magrath in our Chevy Malibu blasting The American National Anthem with the windows rolled down;D Also "God Bless the USA" by Lee Glenwood. Classic! I Love America! It is such an amazing place to live!

2. Elder Gibbs and I had the most hilarious experience of our missions this week! As you know, we live with some members with the Taylor's. They live alone - aside from us - so brother Taylor decided to not come home last night. We couldn't stay at our pad alone with sister Taylor, so we decided to go stay at the Stewarts. Maybel and Ian Stewart are the mission "Mom and Dad" that I was talking about! They were going on vacation to Texas, so they let us stay at their place anyway! So Gibbs and I get there that night. Brother Stewart had left us some super huge sleeping bags that were prepped for like... -50 degree weather. So it got really hot upstairs in their living room. So we decided to go downstairs. Mistake. We went into a room that was not furnished and closed the door behind us. We slept fine. I woke up and said "Gibbs. I'm going to go shower." So I went over to the door. I found that it was jammed shut! Seriously! Elder Gibbs and I pulled and tugged at it for 20 minutes and couldn't get it to budge! So we decided that Elder Gibbs would climb through the window of our room so that he could get outside and get into the house from another window! The only problem was that we were both only wearing our garments! It had been so hot upstairs that we had just stripped down to our "g's"! So Gibbs decided to do it! He ran around the house in his underwear with the whole world to see him! Magrath is a small town and I don't know if there was a single soul that didn't see my poor companion running around the house in his undies! Even more hilarious is the fact that the Sister Missionaries from our area saw him as well! They called us afterward and asked us why they saw Gibbs running around like a lunatic outside the Stewart's home in his garments! I've never laughed so hard before!!!

I'm glad that I'm a missionary and that I have the opportunity to serve God! I am gaining more and more of a testimony of the Savior and his atonement. It covers EVERYTHING! I am grateful that we have Him! He has walked the paths of life and experienced our trials and woes! He knows all things!

I'm grateful for all your support! I'm praying for You!

-Elder Warenski
Barry has down syndrome. He is one of my favorite people and I love visiting him.

This is Ma and Pa Stewart. They are the mission Ma and Pa. Love them!

This is what happens when you don't get your shirt all the way over your  head! I thought the theater kids would appreciate me reprising my role as Joseph.

No comments:

Post a Comment