“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Monday, November 2, 2015

Elder Roberts, President Miles and Nate

We pretty much didn't really do anything for Halloween. We were driving down to Lethbridge that night, so all we did to celebrate Halloween was exchange terrifying things that had happened to us. 
 I tell you what. Even out here, I'm saying a lot more things in the "next year, when I am home.... " format. Not trunky, just thinking;)
Abe Wolvers called me to tell me he messaged you about the farewell for the missionaries returning home. Mom, that was seriously one of the hardest experiences of my mission. Two of my companions - Elder Gibbs and Elder Clarke - went home. I cared so much about those guys. I got up to lead the music right after everyone that was departing bore their testimonies. It was really, really hard. We were singing God Be With You Till We Meet Again, and when the second verse came, I started to cry. I couldn't hold it in. Those two changed my entire mission and I owe so much to them. They helped me overcome deep personal trials and struggles within myself. They will never know how much they helped me, or how vividly I saw Christ in their character. I love them so much and I can't wait to see them again. They are truly my brothers. 
And Abe is right. I want to get back in the mission field so bad! But there are definitely things that I will miss about all this hoopla in the office. I am going to miss being around President Miles more than I can even express. He's an incredible man. He's become a 2nd father to me, and Sister Miles a 2nd mother. They are great surrogate parents ;)

Alright, I don't have much time left, so I'll go quick with this:

This week, I have some big news. I met Elder Rasband of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles yesterday at a Stake Conference in Lethbridge. President let us accompany him to the stake conference and told us we would be able to meet him. Mom, he is amazing. He is settling into his calling as an Apostle and he's truly a man of God. It was his first Stake Conference assignment as an Apostle and he told the congregation that he was giving them his first Apostolic Blessing. It was one of the greatest privileges I've had on my mission. I shook the hand of an Apostle of Jesus Christ and heard from his own mouth his witness of Jesus Christ. It was incredible.

Alright the next thing! Our investigators are coming right along! The McLachlin's are one of my favorite families of all time now. They are incredible and I love them so much. They are great friends.

And as a last bonus fun thing, I am now shaving with a straight razor in honor of Halloween and our Sweeney Todd cast:) I've never had a closer shave! I've been shaving with it for about a week, so all my nicks and cuts are healing up ;)

I love you all so much!

-Elder Warenski

No comments:

Post a Comment