“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Nate and his companion, Elder Roberts


Happy birthday to my Grandpa Jackson! One of the greatest men I have ever known. He has been a beacon of light in my life and has taught me countless lessons about hard work and how to be a good man. I love him so much and he'll be someone that I continue to look up to forever. I always try to be like Grandpa Jackson. Happy Birthday Gramps!

Cierra! I'm so happy she went to Homecoming with Jacob Griffin. She's so awesome. I actually had a dream just last night that I was home and that Cierra and I were hanging out watching movies! So awesome!
Congratulations to Teija Rosenberg as well! She'll be a great missionary. I'm glad that the people from 5th ward still miss me ;) I love them all so much! I miss coming to church every Sunday and being around the people that I have been raised with.
So this week, we taught one of the most amazing messages of my life. Also! I need to fill you in. We didn't actually baptize Guy. He had some complications (he needs to work out a few things before he can be baptized) and so we had to push his date back a month.... So that was disappointing.... HOWEVER! :) We are teaching Hillary and Tob McLachlan. Let me fill you in on who they are. They are originally from New Zealand. If I remember right, she is from the North Island and he is from the South. Get this. She was at a doTerra convention in Salt Lake. After the conference, she went back to the hotel, but really had nowhere else to go the rest of the day. The man who drove her back to the hotel asked her what she was going to do, and she responded pretty much nothing. So he invited her to come to Temple Square with him and his wife. She accepted. They showed her everything that there was to offer. She even got the tour of the Tabernacle. How cool is that! Anyway, one thing led to another, and she got in contact with the Church up here through some pretty miraculous means. It was amazing. And now we are teaching her family. Her husband is amazing, her children are just awesome to be around, and they have really become amazing friends to us personally. They are on date to be baptized. I'm so glad I get to know them.

Anyway, not much time today! This week is transfer week so we're trying our best to get everything organized and ready to go! It's a 5 week transfer, so the next one will be a 7 week one!

I love you all so much!

Elder Warenski

No comments:

Post a Comment