“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Monday, November 9, 2015

Leadership meeting...and lunch!

I don't have a load of time, but this week has been loaded with miracles. But before I get to that, let me address this topic:

As far as things go with the changes made to Handbook 1 of the church, I wonder where everyone's faith has gone. I am really beginning to see how faithless people have grown and how at every single buffet of Satan's winds people seem to just give up so easily. I am reminded of the Apostles and the Savior in the ship during the tempest. One man eventually ran to the Savior in panic wondering if He even cared that they were about to "perish". Did he not know that the same ship that carried him carried Jesus Christ? The Savior calmed the tempest, and then gave his response: "Why is it that ye have no faith?"

My point is that it is so easy to get caught up in the tempest and then just admit defeat and jump ship. So many claim that church leadership has given up on them or that the Savior Himself has. That is simply not true. If we accept that, we bow to a lie of the devil. The Savior never abandons us. But what I've found is that we are all quick to abandon the Savior. I refuse to abandon the Savior and His chosen servants. To all who say that they are aged men who simply steer the church in whatever way they like, I disagree. What a foolish judgement. I stand faithfully with the leaders of the church, and with my Savior. I invite first and foremost my family and my friends to do the same, because I love each and every one of them. I don't speak as a missionary or representative of the church, I speak as a Son, Sibling, and Friend.

Alright, now that that's over, I can tell you about the amazing things that have happened this week!

Hillary and Rob McLachlan - the miracle family from New Zealand - are for sure going to be baptized on November 21st. Their zeal for truth has lead them to miraculous witnesses of the truthfulness of the church, and it has given them a closer relationship with Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for the love of the Savior in their lives. The gospel is going to bless their family so much.
We had an incredible lesson with them and Rob and Hillary were so touched. Rob gave one of the most holy and hallowed prayers I have ever heard in my life, and then received a scripture - Ether 12:27 - that quite literally changed his life. Elder Roberts and I had prayed the night before that Rob would be blessed with a miracle to receive his answer. The morning of the next day for Elder Roberts and I was absolute hell. It was the worst morning of my mission. Satan was at our heels and we felt miserable. But then when we went to teach Rob and Hillary, all was well. We felt the weight leave and the Spirit of God filled the room. It was incredible. The Lord really blessed us with a literal miracle. I am so grateful to be witnessing all of these amazing things!

Other than that, the week has been going per usual. Exchanges with the Zone Leaders start tonight, and I can't wait. That's when I feel the most useful.

I love you all and I'm grateful for all of your support!

-Elder Warenski

No comments:

Post a Comment