“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Monday, November 23, 2015


First of all-
YOU ARE SENDING ME THE HOME-MADE HOT CHOCOLATE?! I'm so pumped. I love that stuff.
Yes, we will most definitely be celebrating American Thanksgiving! Fortunately, we will be on an exchange with the Cardston Zone Leaders that night, so we will be hooked up! We are good friends with Elder Einfeldt and Elder Fullmer, so they said they would get a dinner with some members that were celebrating! We're set:)
Thanks for the advice on the food. Good grief, I was just at a loss. But! I have decided what I am going to do to exercise in the morning. I downloaded and printed off the United States Army workouts, so I'll just do those in the morning. That ought to help out, even if it's only for a half hour.

So this week we're going to be in the South half of the mission all week. We'll be going to Lethbridge, Cardston, and Cranbrook in British Columbia this week, so wish us luck. I'm sure driving through Crowsnest Pass is just going to be FANTASTIC again.... It's like.... a 4 hour drive from Cardston to Cranbrook.

Now for the amazing news! 

Elder Warenski and Hilary

Elder Roberts and Rob

Rob, Hilary and family


First I'll fill you in on Rob and Hilary's baptisms:
It is literally one of the most amazing successes of my mission. I got to baptize Hilary and Elder Roberts baptized Rob. After their baptisms they stood up and gave the most wonderful testimonies I have ever heard! You would have thought that they were members their whole lives. The Baptism was super spiritual as well. I baptized Hilary, and right when she came out of the water, she was weeping. I put my arm around her and we stood in the font for a few moments so that she could just cry. She felt the spirit so strong! She then watched Rob get baptized and it was absolutely amazing. Rob came out of the water and did a double fist pump in the air and just said "Yes!". It was awesome. They are also going to have us over at their place for Christmas:)! So I'm super pumped for that. You'll get to meet them:)

Alright here is the other awesome thing I have to tell you about:

I mentioned a week or two back a stake conference that Rob and Hilary attended. Well I want to tell you what Elder K. David Scott said at that conference. I think it would be good to talk about. So I'll share with you some things that he said:

He was speaking about prophets and about how important they are. He related an experience in which he was in a new area 70's meeting that was presided over by Elder Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve. Elder Ballard got up to instruct everyone. He said this: "We, the Brethren, are amazed at how fast the world is going south in every possible way. As Seers, it is our responsibility to look 5-10 years into the future to discover how best to prepare the Saints." Elder K. David Scott told us that all of these exhortations to keep the Sabbath day holy are in direct response to the seeking of the Brethren. Elder Scott told us that the Lord had revealed that Sabbath Day observance was the way in which our faith would be strengthened. He told us that they foresee some hard things happening in the near future. He said not  in 5-10 years, but the NEAR future. He said that the way we would be able to withstand these things would be through our Sabbath Day observance. He said the Brethren want us to give the Sabbath Day back to Jesus Christ.
He ALSO said that the Lord does not consult with mortal men to make a politically correct church. That is not how He works. He runs and directs the Church that God Almighty has set forth, that is built upon unchanging truths, and that will never be removed again from the earth.

Knowing that, I choose to stick with the Prophet. My testimony is firm, and it's here to stay. I love the Savior and His gospel! Love you all!

-Elder Warenski

No comments:

Post a Comment