“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Monday, July 27, 2015

I'm SO psyched today - and this is the reason I'm writing so early - because we are going to Banff today! It's going to be awesome! It's supposed to be a GORGEOUS national park west (I think) of Calgary, so that's awesome.
I'll be taking loads of pictures so I'm sure you'll all be waiting with baited breath (lol).
No, I really can't believe that it has already been 11 months. In 1 more month I will be halfway done.... It's so weird. I will have been away from you guys for a YEAR. Now THAT is something I never thought I could have ever done. How crazy is it to think about that.

 
I love Scott Smith! He's such a good guy. What a boss. That commitment to the Lord is important. Scott is a smart guy and I'm so happy for him. Tanner Hale also got home from his mission, and I am so psyched about that. He was one of my greatest friends when he lived next-door and I can't wait to see him again. And say hello to Torres for me! I love that guy. He had a lot to do with my testimony and with my desire to go on a mission. He's such a good guy and I look up to him a lot.
Tell Sadie congratulations! I'm proud of her and best wishes from Canada;)
That's awesome that Nitsua, Ginger, and Natalie took Cierra to that concert. Good to know they're still taking care of my Sister! I love Nate Elliot so much. He's a good guy.

So glad to hear that Sunny is getting better! That's such a relief! She's such a good dog and I look forward to seeing her when I get home. Even Paycee, haha. 

Grandpa is a trooper. He's strong as an Ox. He's been more fit than me my whole life. He always has his funny things - like dropping knives in his feet, and driving himself to the hospital for things - but those things just show how tough he really is;) I brag about my Grandfather on a daily basis. He is one of the greatest men I have ever known. 

Alright! Now for my update!

So let's first of all go over the exciting things that happened this week:

The Tornado:


Truth be told, it sort of passed us before we could see the funnel cloud form. But the clouds that formed the funnel did indeed pass over the top of us. The wind was howling and it was awesome. Don't worry, I have pictures and even some videos. We were riding our bikes when the hail hit, though. And we weren't in a housing area. We were in Fish Creek park. It's a patch of nature right in the middle of the city. We were with some other missionaries and we all had to take shelter under the bathroom pavilion thingy. Except for Elder Anderson. He's so freaking funny. He just decides to walk right into it and lay down. And he got hit. So yeah! That was the big Tornado craziness!
Also, I got in an AWESOME bike wreck this week. I got some pretty big cuts on my hand and knee. I also ripped a huge hole in my pant leg. I'll shoot you the picture so that you can send it to Jenni Theobald. I was riding alongside a sidewalk, and we needed to get back on the sidewalk to get to the crosswalk at the next intersection. I tried to jump the curb, but my tire caught the curb and I wrecked sideways. Then my head hit a fence and I ended up grinding my face against this chain link. I know, what a clutz, lol. 












Other than that, we have been experiencing some MAJOR success with Facebook. We have got some tips from this member who is SUPER adept at it, and now our work is BOOMING. We've picked up 3 new investigators within 2 days. It is insane. 1 hour each day. It feels so good to be effective. Hopefully this will catch fire in the mission and we'll be able to get some awesome work done. 

Another awesome thing we did was at a mall called Chinook Center Mall that we went to. We brought a Ukulele and some hymns and we sat down with 2 homeless men and played next to them. We gave them each a Book of Mormon and by the end of the hour and a half we were there, we had earned them $50. They were so grateful and it almost put them to tears. It was an amazing experience. I'm happy to be putting my voice to use:)

Just another week up in the Great White North! Loving it up here, and I love biking. We get to bike through Fish Creek Park all the time and it is some pretty gorgeous scenery. I'll bring you to it one day and we'll walk the trails. Thank you for all of the love and support! I love you all!

-Elder Warenski

No comments:

Post a Comment