“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

I was so excited when I saw Mark Slik's picture come up on facebook page for Merit and I was so happy. He is an incredible man that will do incredible things for our school as Assistant Director. So grateful for him.

I miss Cierra so much..... Geez I can't even articulate. I'm going to send her a letter soon, so be watching the mailbox. I'll try and mail it within the next couple days, but I'll also send an email. In just over 13 months she and I are going to be in the basement having a Office/Parks and Rec MARATHON. So tell her not to O.D. so that she's not sick of it by the time I get back, hahaha.

You have been asking for more pictures. Well, it's a great time to take photos up here. I'm meeting so many people and just LOVING the area.
As for President Miles: I am seriously one of his biggest fans. The man is just inspiring beyond all measure. He's always happy to see us and he loves us all so much. You can feel it so strong. He is definitely here for a reason. He is exactly what this mission needs to get it cracking. Speaking of which, here is my update!

The zone is doing FANTASTIC. We seriously have not seen this good of numbers in an EXTREMELY long time. We went from having almost no numbers at all to having like...... 20 lessons reported from the Zone. If we can keep this up, we'll be doing fantastic. It means so much for the zone. It's been dead for a long time.
Now I need to tell you about Elder Clarke and I! We are as thick as thieves and that is really helping us be unified to help the Zone get working and to get our own area running. The fruits of this effort have been a miracle that has happened to us!
So a couple weeks ago, a man just wandered into the church building right before sacrament meeting. His name is Delano Evans. He is from Jamaica. He wandered in and the Bishop's wife caught him. She immediately began asking him where he was from, what his beliefs were, etc. She introduced him to the whole ward and made him feel so at home. It was great member missionary work. So she invited him to meet with us. He came to FHE in the YSA and was able to hang out with a bunch of people close to his age (he's 29) and he had a ball. We taught him a lesson last night that was STELLAR. He loved it. He is very Christian and loves the message of our church. He said that the day he came to the church, he was just looking for somewhere where Christ's name was on it. He saw the sign on the church and walked in. He says that in Jamaica the church is regarded as a cult, and so it makes it pretty difficult to warm up to the idea of going to church. But apparently they're tight with the missionaries there. But at one point in the lesson, the spirit was just BOOMING and he just said to us that he had a lot of respect for us. He said that we should treat his home like a second home, and that we were always welcome at his house. It was amazing. Just the bond that we experienced. Pray for him, please:) OH! And what's REALLY exciting is that President Miles wants to come to a lesson with us to go teach Delano! It's going to be so sweet! That lesson will be on Tuesday, so I hope all goes well. It will be so cool to teach with President.
Bernard is doing well. We haven't been able to meet with him in awhile because he went camping but we should be able to meet with him tomorrow. Which is exciting:)
Anyway, things are going really well. I love it. I love serving God. I love serving Jesus Christ and working with Him to help so many people. The mission is going fast!

I love you all! Thank you for everything!

-Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment