“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Monday, August 3, 2015

So I just need to do a shout out for Tara Greenwood this week. Your Facebook message was hilarious. I was actually laughing pretty darn hard at my computer and really just thinking about how hard I hit my head on that screen door, hahaha. Only some will understand ;)

This week was pretty normal. Something exciting, though, we are working with this member.... He's incredible. He was in the Arizona Tempe mission. He has become a huge role model for me. Everything that I want to be. He was trained to use facebook by the head of proselyting of the church, and he's been meeting with President Miles about Facebook. President is using him and it's so exciting! Just to give you a taste.... Last week, we found 8 New Investigators, Taught 10 Member Present Lessons, and 3 Less-Actives on Facebook. That was in 3 HOURS. That's it! It's like lightning! And all but one of those people is from Calgary! But the dreaded news has finally come. Due to some pretty stupid disobedience and some missionaries who just can't get their crap together, Facebook is to be shut down completely by this coming Monday.... Which is really sad.... Because we were seriously TEARING IT UP on Facebook. But it's okay. Sometimes our obedience is more important than our understanding. This decision has really led me to think a lot about faith. C.S. Lewis said "Faith is the art of holding on to things in spite of your changing moods and circumstances." I thought a lot about that quote when things went sour with Facebook. Clarke and I were super bummed out because it is such an amazing tool. But we don't need to understand. We are going to hold on to the fact that we KNOW that President Miles is inspired and forget the rest. Because that's what we decided and we're stickin' to it! :) We'll have to see how things go.

I think the same thing happens all the time in the world. Elder Clarke and I were talking the other day about how it seems like there is no one in the world today who stands on principle. I look on all of the great stories that I hold in my heart and all of the amazing people I've met in my life and I think that one thing unites them all. They are all men and women of principle. It doesn't matter what happens. They stick to their guns. They stick to what they know is right. And that is inspiring! So we are trying to be more like our heroes this week, and I invite you to do the same thing! 






Now to say some things about Banff!

Banff was absolutely GORGEOUS. Breathtaking. Sad to say, it was pretty rainy when we went, but it wasn't bad because we had the most fun in the Hotel. Basically we got into some mischief in the hotel with Spencer, the member who took us. He is absolutely crazy! We went into all the back rooms and took a ton of goofy pictures! The pictures of us in sombreros was taken in a storage room in the back of the hotel that I'm pretty much 110% sure that we weren't supposed to be in. It was amazing. I haven't had so much fun in a long time. Spencer is a ham. We would walk into the fanciest parts of the hotel and he would randomly just start singing Phantom of the Opera songs at the top of his lungs. When asked why he did it he just said he felt fancy, hahahaha. He also loves to yell things out the window while he's driving, but that's another story ;)

In other news, I have found myself saying "eh" a TON more. It's actually kind of alarming sometimes.... I'm becoming.... ONE OF THEM...... 0.0

Sorry I had to write a quick one today... It's getting really really hectic.... But I love you so much!

-Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment