“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Tuesday, June 23, 2015


Sara. Ready for baptism.
So big news in the Mission/Area/Transfers! Here it all is:
News in the Area:

Sara was baptized! The baptism was amazing! I made a pretty funny mistake though;D I knew I'd be the one to screw it up... The baptism was fantastic and everything went according to plan. Until I had to change that is.... I forgot a dry shirt. I had to just go into the meeting wearing a dry jumpsuit, lol. It was pretty funny. But all in all, it turned out spectacular! She is extremely happy and tomorrow night we'll have dinner with her and Brother Zaugg, our Ward Mission Leader. We'll be blessing her home at the same time. So glad to see some success in Taber:)

News in the Mission:

President Miles got to the mission today. At least, that is what the A.P.'s said to us before we went to Makisu that one time;D Can't wait to meet him and see how he is! It will be an awesome change for the mission and a great beginning for all the missionaries.

Also, yesterday I got an email from the Assistants. They informed me that effective this transfer I will be serving as a Zone Leader. Holy cow.... I was only JUST BEGINNING to get the District Leader stuff down.... and now this, lol. That's fine. Heavenly Father will help me through and help me to be the missionary He needs me to be. No worries here:) God is at the helm:) Apparently - and this is just what I've heard - it's pretty odd for someone to only be a DL for one transfer and then get re-assigned as a Zone Leader. So here goes nothing.

Transfer News:

So because they've made me a ZL, I am going to be transferred. I got the call this morning that I will be getting transferred North. This will be the first area in the North that I have ever served in. And there are only certain Zone Leader areas, so I only have a few options. These are ALL of the Zones in the mission:

Zones in the North:
Calgary Zone
Calgary North
Calgary South
Calgary East
Calgary West
Foothills Zone

Zones in the South:
Lethbridge Zone
Lethbridge East
Cardston Zone
B.C. Zone
Medicine Hat Zone

So because I got the call North, we know it isn't any of the Southern Zones. But the only Zone Leader Slots open in the North are Calgary West, Calgary South, and Calgary East. Calgary West is where Elder Gibbs - my trainer - is serving, so if I went there I would be his Zone Leader, and that would be cool. On the other hand, I could be sent to Calgary East. It is literally the most ghetto part of the mission. There is a ton of shady stuff that goes down over there. And then there is always Calgary South. That is the Zone where the Mission President lives. If I get sent there I will most likely have a lot of interaction with the new Mission President, so that will be an adventure. We'll see who I get as a companion and what area I get! And we'll see how the ZL thing goes, haha;D

I'll keep you posted on where I go! If I can't email you, then you'll be able to see my "current city" on facebook change.

Other than all those things, it's pretty much the same;D

I love you all and I am learning so much up here! I'm seeing myself grow and become something better than I ever imagined and I'm so grateful for Jesus Christ. He is helping me through it all! If it weren't for him, my failures and shortcomings would be permanent.


-Elder Warenski




Cameron Lake

Elder Smith and some Sister Missionaries Nate didn't name.


No comments:

Post a Comment