“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

It's good to hear that all is well with Quincy! I was really worried about her. Elder Smith and I read the email and we immediately kneeled down and prayed for her in the Family History Center. It was scary. I can only imagine what Mikaila and Justin were feeling.

ALRIGHTY THEN! I have a whole slew of good news this week!

Update on Sara:

So this is going to be the long part. Because there's so much good stuff!

Sara was interviewed by President Nicholas on Sunday for baptism. She passed with flying colors! She will be baptized this Saturday at 4 p.m.! We are ECSTATIC! She is really excited/nervous, and is reaping the blessings of a gospel-centered life! But it gets better! This last Sunday, the Taber Stake Presidency was reorganized. Because of this change, Elder Donald L. Hallstrom of the Presidency of the Seventy and Elder Vern P. Stanfill of the First Quorum of the Seventy came to reorganize the Stake. We invited Sara to Stake Conference and told her that there would be visiting area authorities who worked directly with the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. She was so happy to come! So we attended the Sunday session of Stake Conference. Brother Zaugg - our incredible Ward Mission Leader - saved seats for us that were just 3 rows behind the sacrament table. We saw the Stake Presidency reorganized and then we heard from the General Authorities. Their talks were touching and inspiring. But the best part was what happened next.
I wanted Elder Hallstrom to shake Sara's hand SO BAD. I knew it would be a huge testimony builder. I mean, heck. His family was only sitting 2 rows in front of us. We had to be able to catch him. The meeting ended and everyone was rushing around in the chapel. I stood and began keeping track of everywhere he was going. Then he finally came down to get his wife. I jumped out into the sea of people in the aisle and then jumped into the pew directly behind his family where he was bending over talking to his grandmother who had come to attend the meeting. He looked up at me and I extended my hand.

"Would you be willing to shake hands with our investigator?" I asked. I was already having a battle within myself. I was trying not to "fangirl" because the moment I shook his hand I realized that the same hand I was holding had probably shook the hand of Elder Holland.... Which made the fangirl inside me squeal...

"Absolutely! I'll be right over," he said.

I was so excited!

So Elder Hallstrom plowed his way through the oncoming tide of people coming through the aisle with Elder Stanfill in tow. He finally made it to Sarah, Elder Smith, and I.

He smiled at Sara and shook her hand. He asked how far along she was in her investigation of the church. Sara looked at me a little starstruck, so I told Elder Hallstrom that she was having her baptismal interview with President Nicholas that same day. He smiled again and looked at her. He then said this (as well as I can remember it) to her:

"We are so proud of you for becoming a member of the church. Now, listen. We want you FOREVER. Not just for a little while. FOREVER. You are about to make a life-long commitment. But it will be the best decision you will ever make in your life."

Sara just looked dumbfounded. We all did. It was incredible. He had to leave so he then walked over to me. I shook his hand and told him thank you, and then he left with Elder Stanfill.

It was incredible. Sara had an incredibly spiritual experience on Sunday, and I am so glad that success is coming. For her. For Elder Smith and I. For everyone. And now she is set to be baptized at 4 o'clock on Saturday evening. I am so happy and I'm very grateful for all of the help that Heavenly Father has given us all in this process. This will be number two:)

And the best part is? Mikaila's prayer came true. Sara has two sons, Lincoln(2) and Viktor(1). We are helping to make an Eternal Family:)

The only other thing that happened that is mentionable was that we went to Waterton, except this time we went even more places. We hiked Bear's Hump just like last time, but we also went to Cameron Lake and the Red Rock Canyon. It was AMAZING. We saw 5 BEARS while we were up there. And 2 of them were a mother and her cub. They were right in the town and the forest service had to chase them away. It was awesome. I'll send you a bunch of pictures that Elder Smith took, as I am still out of a camera.

I love you! Take care!

-Elder Warenski

No comments:

Post a Comment