“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Monday, November 17, 2014

This week we had Zone Training. We meet in a little town called Glenwood with Elders and Sisters from Magrath, Raymond, Cardston, Fort Macleod, and Pincher Creek. The Sister Training Leaders, Sister Armstrong and Sister Strader, were teaching a lesson about some various principles, and one of them was "Gathering Israel". For each topic they taught, they had a challenge associated with it. The challenge for this topic was almost too easy because of Robinne;D We were separated into three groups, and our group had to be the first to successfully write down all 12 of the tribes of Israel by combining the little slips of paper that the STL's had given us. Because I had been in Joseph, I literally wrote everything down from Memory by singing the song in my head! I turned in my paper for my group, and Elder Gibbs stood up at his table and said "He cheated! He's been in Joseph!" haha It was so funny, but the STL's still said we won;D Thanks Robinne! Couldn't have done it without you!

Also, I've been noticing that I am beginning to find some natives to work with. There is a reserve next to Cardston, and even though we don't cover that part of the Zone, some Natives named the "Old Shoes" (Yes, that is literally their name) are living in Magrath. I am trying to help them, and I was wondering if I could get some tips from Grandpa about how to help them out. I know Grandpa has done a lot of work with the Natives, and he and Grandma would probably be able to offer me some wisdom about how to help.

And finally, I learned something very precious to me this week. Others may not think it was quite so significant, but it was a very dear moment to me. Elder Gibbs and I work with an excommunicated man named David Fletcher on Thursday nights. We have been teaching him with Brother Scott, who is the Elder's Quorum President in 1st Ward. In our lesson with them, Brother Scott mentioned something that really touched my heart. He said that he had worked with people before who couldn't apply the Atonement to their problems. They couldn't have the faith to say that Christ would help their situations/family members/personal problems. As I thought about this I couldn't help but realize that I was as guilty as anyone of this. I don't apply the Atonement nearly as much as I should. I learned that I must apply the Atonement. I am too weak to handle some things. I need to hand that pain and weight to the Savior. As a full time representative of Jesus Christ, I can truly testify that Jesus Christ lives, and that his sacrifice was given so that he could help us carry the burdens in our lives, and sometimes even carry them for us. If we could see how Jesus Christ assists us on a daily basis, we would be amazed at how involved He is in our lives. Jesus Christ is the Brother of my Soul. He is the Son of My Father in Heaven, and He has attended my every step as I have been on this mission. He has seen me fall. He has seen me worry, stress, and bend under the load that I have to carry. But He is not idle. Jesus Christ is directing my path. Jesus Christ is picking me up when I fall. Jesus Christ calms my nerves, relieves my stress, and carries the weight of the world. This is the Atonement. This is the Glory of the Living Christ. He Lives. He Loves You. He is helping You. If you can't see it, look harder. He IS. And I will testify of that to my dying breath. I stand for Christ and I will continue to stand for Him until all things are fulfilled.

He is watching over us, and He Loves Us. He is trying to show us the Glory of God, and if we would simply live the way He asks, we could experience a joy that we have never known before. I know that to be true. Now, more than ever.

I Love You all, and I am grateful for the help and support that is given to me by everyone, but especially by Jesus Christ. Come Unto Christ.

-Elder Warenski

No comments:

Post a Comment