“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Monday, November 10, 2014

I had such an awesome time learning how to make bread from Gordon and the Spackman's. Gordon Petrunik is less-active, but he is also the guy who baptized Elder Gibbs' mother! So we are working really hard on getting him to come back to church. Haha you want to know the funny part? The text you got that said "Hey this is the Spackman's.." or something like that, I actually typed that up and sent it! Sister Spackman said she was too slow so she just passed me the phone. I really miss talking to you too!

I'm so glad the show went well. I can understand you getting teary-eyed. I looked at the pictures and it made me super nostalgic! I can't believe how much I miss it, Mom! I really enjoyed the pictures though:) It is good to see everyone doing well and keeping the theater alive:) I hope that more kids come to theater and become really passionate about it. It is so important. I'm so glad that Kate is going to be in the Christmas concert! I miss her so much and I wish I were there to see her perform.

Yes. The snow and cold have arrived. And honestly, it really isn't much different than Utah. The snow is powder. Imagine snow that is the consistency of sand. It blows around everywhere. Constantly. But that's alright. I DID get your package on Friday. THANK YOU SO MUCH! The music is awesome (Thanks to Joni as well;D) and the cookies were just.... I can't even articulate... Also, thank you for the peppermint beads! I gave Elder Gibbs one and he is amazed by their power;D

And yes. Slowly but surely I am perfecting my bread skills. It gets better every time! The two loaves that you have pictures of turned out okay, but I still want to try harder to make them better. They weren't the best. We took one of the loaves to our investigator last night and included a poem about Christ being the Captain of our Souls in the bag. I hope it helps him. I'll make you bread when I get home;) With how fast time is passing already, it will basically only be a few hours until I am home;D

This week we didn't have a load of notable experiences, however we did have SOME things happen that are kind of funny and entertaining. This week we were trying to get a better grasp on our area, so we started calling less-actives from our less active list. As we were making calls on the list, I came across three names on the list that were listed as "Anti". They were Anti-mormon, and because I was feeling particularly brave that day, I looked at Elder Gibbs and said "I'm doing it". So I called the Anti's. The first picked up and it was the lady of the house. She simply said "I'd rather you didn't come over. I'm catholic and have no interest whatsoever in the church." The next didn't pick up, and then finally I called the last one. This last family was actually members and they usually went to church. All except for their Father. He is one of the most anti-mormon people in the town. I called and his wife picked up. She said that it would be alright for us to come over if we snuck in and taught the lesson while her husband was gone for awhile. So that's what we did! We snuck into their house after the father left and we taught this lady and her 5 kids the story of Abinadi! We even did it in a theater format;D I had the littlest brother play Abinadi, I had one of the Sisters play Alma, and all the other siblings were wicked priests. Then Elder Gibbs was King Noah! And The eldest brother and I were guards that dragged Abinadi into King Noah's court (aka the front room;D)! It was awesome! And we successfully got out before the Dad returned:) Which was good for us:) that way we didn't get stoned or yelled at, so that's pretty good too;D But don't worry, we're being very safe!

Also, we sang in the 5th ward choir. That experience wasn't very good. They didn't even sing in parts... They were singing Battle Hymn of the Republic. So to make things worthwhile, I sang Uncle David's lyrics;D Only the men could hear me, but they heard me singing "Glory, Glory, Hallelujah! Glory, Glory, What's it to ya?!" and "Mine eyes have seen the glory of the burning of the school!" which made everyone laugh, except for the director who seemed to be oblivious to the fact that I was singing "alternate" lyrics;D I Love Uncle Dave! haha

Anyway! That's pretty much all of the exciting things that happened this week, and I hope that everyone is doing well! I Love you and I'm grateful for all of Your help and support!

-Elder Warenski

No comments:

Post a Comment