“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

POST FROM LAST WEEK- There was a technical problem with my email so Nate re-sent the letter from last week.

I'm so glad that the 1940's show is coming together! It looks so stinkin' cool! I wish I could have been a part of it. What an awesome idea! PLEASE send a video! That would be so cool! Haha I'm sure Zibetti and Tasi will do fantastic! I saw them dance once, and I'll never forget it. They're phenomenal. And Joy! Joy's always been one of the best dancers that we have. She'll do fantastic. And tell her that she's lucky that I'm not there to step on her toes the whole time this time around;D

I'm so excited for you, about the house! And I'm glad you did it through "David";D I love Jason so much! He is amazing! And he'll help you out. I trust him. I'm glad to hear from him! I miss him, and I miss the Foreigner! It's a shame about Brother Snapp... I love him so much and I wish that he could have an easier go about his back. I'll pray for him and I know that Heavenly Father will look out for him. He will. I know it. And Kirk Jacobson. That is so so so sad... I loved him. He is such a good man, but now he is back with Sister Jacobson. I'm sure they're very happy.

So I have a few things to tell you/ask you about! First, I wanted to ask you what the heck is going on with America! We hear so much from the canucks up here, but I never know what is true or not. There is ONE SOUL up here who gets Fox news, and he told me a few things last night at dinner that I wanted to hear your opinion on. I heard about Obama's executive action with all the illegal immigrants and that Putin is moving more troops into Russia, but past that, I don't really know what's up. And as Perchik says "I must know what's going on in the outside world!" haha.

Another thing that I wanted to tell you about is the rampant problem we are having with investigators right now. I share it with you so that you can help people in Springville to do better, and do some member missionary work. The biggest problem with our investigators these days is the attitude they have that they are "too busy" for our message. It is starting to tick Elder Gibbs and me right off. People are too busy to get the best news of their lives. People are too busy to learn about Christ. People are too busy to find peace in their lives. Elder Gibbs and I have been trying to help them understand how important the message we are sharing with them is, but somehow we aren't having a lot of luck. So pray for our investigators. Justin Meekes and Jeremy Loose. Jeremy Loose isn't even an investigator yet, but he is optimistic about learning the gospel. He is just too "busy" *rolls eyes*. It made me reflect on the things in my life. It made me think of the things that I am "busy" with. Am I too busy for Christ?

Last but not least, I want to tell you about the dinner appointment that we had last night! We had dinner in Spring Coulee which is a little town west of Magrath. We were with the Edwards family. They have two kids, Jack (6) and Brittney (almost 2). We couldn't get the kids to settle down and listen, and so the spirit brought something to my head to teach them. I taught them the story of when I went branding with Grandpa and I was bucked off the horse! It was amazing to see how interested Jack became when I shared with him that my Grandpa jumped about 6 fences to get to me to save me from the horse! He agreed that I should have listened to Grandpa and stayed in the ranch house with Aunt Gale;) He also agreed that he should probably listen to Mom and Dad more often:) THAT is another reason I am on a mission! If I can even help a little guy like Jack learn a lesson like that, it is so valuable! And thank you to Grandpa for hopping all of those fences to come and save me! That would be one of the first times that I would learn about the Atonement. That memory is really dear to me and I'm grateful that Heavenly Father brought it back to my mind so that Jack could learn from it as well.

I Love You and I pray for you every night! I hope that the everyone is doing well and remaining faithful to Christ! Take care of yourselves! I miss you and I am doing my best!


-Elder Warenski

No comments:

Post a Comment