“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Monday, November 3, 2014

Brandon, center. His mother and her fiancé to his right. Elder Gibbs and me on his left.

Waterton

More Waterton

Jack Stone. The member who took us to Waterton.

Hotel Waterton. Awesome place!
Halloween is SO uneventful as a missionary! We are required to be indoors at 6:00 p.m. and remain in our apartments until the following day! It is so crazy! But hanging out with Elder Gibbs is always a party. I flipping love my companion. He is so awesome! I'm excited for YCTIWY to start, and I'm glad that everyone is apparently starting to buckle down and get the show performance ready (from what Blythe tells me). Thanks to you and Joni for sending me music! That is going to be awesome.  And SWIG COOKIES?!?! Mother, I Love You. You know me too well. Also, there is an ophthalmologist in the ward that we are in, and he offered to give me a free eye exam and check my eyes. He says that the reason my previous glasses have not been working is because I have what is called "Spectacle Blur". The contacts are shaping my cornea as I wear them. So before my exam I have to have my contacts out for 3-4 hours! Good thing I have Elder Gibbs! So I'll probably end up taking that prescription to Costco in Lethbridge and getting a pair of glasses. That way I don't have to continue buying contacts. There is a fair chance that the mission will cover the expense. They have done that for several of Elder Gibbs companions. However, if they don't, then I'll go as cheap as I can.

Things have been going pretty well. This last week was one of the hardest points of my mission thus far. Satan was really bearing down on Elder Gibbs and me this last week because he knew that Brandon was going to be baptized on Saturday. He was doing everything he could to make us look at everything negatively and make us tired and grumpy, etc. He's such a jerk. HOWEVER, we came through. Everything turned out SO spectacularly! Elder Gibbs baptized Brandon on Saturday. The service was beautiful and Elder Gibbs and I had the opportunity to sing "How Great Thou Art" for those who attended. I played guitar and sang, and Elder Gibbs sang. Elder Gibbs has the most beautiful Tenor range. Like seriously, we need to cast him in something when we're home. His voice is crystal clear. Which reminds me! Elder Gibbs and I, as well as four other Elders from our zone (Elders Tesamale and Poulter [Pincher Creek District] Pauli' and Wiser [Cardston District]), sang "Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy" at Zone Conference for our Zone. We sang it in parts and sang it while Elder Tesamale played the Ukulele! I'm so excited that I could sing again! It felt so good. I mean... Elder Gibbs and I sing around the apartment all the time! But performing was awesome!

I was able to confirm Brandon yesterday. It was one of the most incredible moments of my life. Being able to participate in helping another one of God's children come closer to His Son is one of the most defining parts about this work. I am so happy for Brandon! When I gave the blessing, I could feel the love that Heavenly Father has for Brandon, and I could feel how Proud He was of him. It is an experience like no other. I'm so glad that Brandon took that step.

My "spiritual thought" for this week comes from a poem that was shared at Zone Conference by Sister Egbert (Raymond West District). It is called "The Fellowship of the Unashamed". It is one of the most inspiring things I have ever read. The author is currently under debate, but some say President Eyring wrote it. But I can't find an official author. However, that doesn't change how awesome it is!

"I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit's power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made -- I'm a disciple of his. I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future is secure. I'm finished and done with low living, sight walking, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals."

"I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean in his presence, walk by patience, am uplifted by prayer, and I labor with power."

"My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my way rough, my companions few, my Guide reliable, my mission clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifices, hesitate in the presence of the enemy, pander at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity."

"I won't give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, preached up for the cause of Christ. I am a disciple of Jesus. I must go till he comes, give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till he stops me. And, when he comes for his own, he will have no problem recognizing me ... my banner will be clear."


This has become kind of a theme for my personal mission goals. I have been trying to make this poem my motto. It is absolutely incredible. I am trying to become more of a disciple of Jesus Christ and I am trying harder and harder every day to Honor the calling that has been given to me.

I Love Jesus Christ, I love my Heavenly Father, and I am doing everything I can to make them proud. "I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still... give up, shut up, [or] let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, preached up for the cause of Christ. I am a disciple of Jesus."

I Love You all and hope You have a good week. Remember Jesus Christ.

-Elder Warenski

No comments:

Post a Comment