“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Monday, October 27, 2014

Hey Everyone,

For some reason we're having a weird year this time around. It snowed last night and that was the first snow-fall of the year. Which is incredibly strange, apparently. But it was melted by morning. There's nothing left! But I expect that the Winter is about to come on fast. Make sure that you let the Hartley's know that I have gone to Cardston so many times. I even went to the Temple last Wednesday. It was absolutely amazing! It isn't like any other temple I've ever been in. The inside is completely renovated with loads of different kinds of wood. The Celestial Room is modeled with a dark kind of wood and has some really amazing interior work. And all the different rooms have a different type of wood associated with it. It was an awesome experience. I wouldn't mind coming back up with you (Mom) to visit the Cardston Temple!

I thought of Hocus Pocus this week. That's so funny that you just watched it with the Nelsons and Robinne. One of the less-actives that we work with talked about it and he loves that movie! We chatted for awhile about it. It was great! I miss watching movies with everyone. That was something that I took for granted.

I'm glad Mik and Justin are with you. They could learn a lot from you! Not that I'm saying that they need a ton of learning or anything, but I learned a lot of awesome stuff, so they will as well. And I am so stoked that Cierra is getting awesome grades! What a girl! That makes me so happy. She's awesome, and I always knew she could do it! She had it in her all along. And she's only going to get better!

And now for my update-

I am excited to announce that my first baptism is scheduled for this Saturday, November 1st! Brandon Clayton has decided to get baptized and has chosen Elder Gibbs to baptize him, and me to confirm him. I am so excited for Brandon! And I'm also excited for Elder Gibbs. He has been out 11 months, and this will be his FIRST baptism! That is nuts! He almost burst into tears when Brandon told him that he would be baptizing him. I'm so grateful for all of your prayers on behalf of Brandon. They have really paid off. I feel so inadequate to confirm him, but Heavenly Father will help me. It really is an honor to me that he wanted me to give that blessing. The Lord is really blessing everyone involved. Today is my 2 month mission birthday, and I can't believe how much success we have already been blessed with. I'm so grateful that the Savior is allowing me to do His work. It is amazing.

I'm grateful for all of the support that you are giving me and I love you so much. I think of you all the time and it's good to know that I have such awesome family and friends supporting me.

-Elder Warenski

No comments:

Post a Comment