“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Monday, October 6, 2014

Things are going SO FAST! Seriously. I've blinked and I've already been out a month! I can't believe that!

My Birthday was awesome, even though I wasn't quite sure how awesome it was going to be. I'll tell You the story-
So the morning of my birthday came, and I woke up to Elder Gibbs playing "I See Fire" by Ed Sheeran from the Hobbit. He was playing it off his flash drive where he keeps his music and stuff. It was awesome! He knows me so well, Haha. Then the mission office called and Elder and Sister Trim (The Mission Office and Vehicle Supervisor) and Elder and Sister Bryant (The Mission Office Financial Clerks) sang happy birthday to me! It was really nice of them and it made me feel great. As the day went on, it was pretty normal. We had our usual appointments and it was all pretty mundane. I didn't buy myself a cake or a gift because I didn't know how much money I would have or what card it would be loaded into, so I didn't buy myself anything. But here's the awesome part. We went to the Chipman's for dinner that night. They are the people that take care of Barry, the down syndrome man that I sent a picture of last week. Brother Chipman reminds me SO MUCH of Howard Fullmer, it is insane! But as it turns out, it was their daughter's birthday as well. So we went to their dinner and all of their extended family were there to celebrate! So we had dinner with them. The Lord surrounded me with family on my birthday, and that is such an amazing blessing. It made me feel more at home. And though it was not necessarily my own family, they made me feel so included. And here's the best part- Brother and Sister Chipman had apparently caught wind that it was going to be my birthday as well, so they not only made a cake for their daughter, but they bought a cake for me and had me blow out candles and everything! It made me want to cry because it was such a huge witness to me that Heavenly Father loves me. He blessed me with a surrogate family to be with on my birthday and because of the love of Brother and Sister Chipman, I even had a birthday cake and candles! God bless those wonderful, loving people.

Conference was also FANTASTIC! I can't tell You enough how much I enjoyed it. I was so impressed by Elder Jorg Klebingat's address. He spoke so boldly and with the spirit. It cut me to the core! And, of course, I was BLOWN AWAY by Elder Holland! His address was absolutely touching beyond all belief. Elder Holland's talk is especially important for us to take into account. He spoke of being charitable and living the law of consecration. His talk got me thinking about what things I could do to be better about helping those around me. I thought of the Savior and how he would heal the infirmities of all those that were sick or afflicted. This is what the Savior wants us to do. The Savior is not as physically present among mankind on this earth as He was during his mortal ministry, but He still works those miracles and drives His work along. He does this through us. He doesn't NEED to do it through us, but He does. That is what the Savior wants from us. After pondering on Elder Hollands words, I realized what the Spirit wanted me to understand.

Jesus Christ wants us to be the feet of the lame, the eyes of the blind, the ears of the deaf, and the voice of those not heard. Jesus Christ wants us to be the friend to the forgotten, the light to the hopeless, the support to the weak, and the aid to the desperate. Jesus Christ would like us to be a reflection of Him to those that are in need. Christ is allowing us to be a candle that carries His light to all those who are lost.

I need to get better at giving my all to God's children. I need to be more in tune with the Spirit to find the need of those that are afflicted, and to fill those needs. We all do!

I also remember hearing President Eyring talk about conferring the Sealing Power upon someone. All I could think about was Grandma and Grandpa Jackson. I want them to know that every time I see Senior Missionaries ( and I did this in the MTC as well ) I thanked them for their service. I told them that they were brave to serve when so many others would not. I would always tell them that my Grandmother and Grandfather served missions in Salt Lake City, The Pacific Islands, and the Philippines, and that they had always set an example to me of being a Missionary. I want Grandma and Grandpa to know how grateful I am for their example. They left so much behind to serve the Lord, and I am grateful. I made sure to tell the Senior missionaries that their sacrifice would not go un-noticed by their posterity. Because my Grandparent's sacrifice did not go un-noticed by me. I'm thankful for my Missionary Grandparents. When I thought of Grandpa receiving the Sealing Power, tears filled my eyes while I was watching Conference and I gained a personal witness that the Sealing Power of the Priesthood is a real power, and that it is in effect. Thank You Grams and Gramps. I Love You!

I miss You so much, but I am grateful that I have the opportunity to serve the Lord. I can't even explain the amount of blessings and miracles that have been happening. Heavenly Father has blessed us with another investigator. His name is Justin Mekes. He lives out on the rural end of Magrath and lives all alone. He is around 30 years old and works in a gravel grinding business in the middle of the farmland near Magrath. Please pray that he will be susceptible to the Spirit and that he will be able to gain a witness that the Book of Mormon is true. He has explained to us that he desires a definitive answer about the truth of the Book of Mormon, but has never received it. Elder Gibbs and I are praying that we will be able to help him feel the Spirit and lead him to Jesus Christ.

Brandon Clayton, our other investigator, is doing incredible. Your prayers have been phenomenal! He is on date to be baptized for November 1st! We are currently helping him with the Word of Wisdom. He had some problems with smoking, but he is moving forward so quickly! He used to smoke 13-14 cigarettes a day, but now - within only a few short days - he has reduced that number to 2-3 cigarettes a day! And yesterday he only took one! We're so proud of him and I am so grateful to be able to witness him coming closer to Christ!

Thank you all so much for Your prayers on behalf of my companion and me! We feel them and they are helping us! My testimony is growing and I love serving the people of Canada!

-Elder Warenski

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are doing well and had a good Birthday. We love reading your posts and are thankful for your great strength and testimony. let us know if you need anything love the Drown family

    ReplyDelete