“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

I am so excited for Melissa, Will, and Ethan! I CANNOT BELIEVE ETHAN IS GOING TO FINLAND! That is crazy! I'm so happy for him.

Sorry that I couldn't email yesterday as usual. This week is transfer week, so they move our p-day to Tuesday. This transfer was only a 5-week transfer, but our next transfer will be in 7 weeks. I don't really have to worry about being transferred though. Typically for new missionaries, they keep them in their 1st area for a few transfers. I will be praying for You to get the job. I hope you do! I'm glad that Michael and Kimie are helping you out. That's awesome! I love them, and I think of Kalin all the time. I miss him so much!

I don't really think that there is much that I need right now. I am pretty much taken care of. I have barely had to pay for meals believe it or not. We have a dinner appointment every night, and members will run us down in the street to give us money! We have had so many people lately that have been so kind to us. I don't think that I have had to spend a dime of my own money in a full week. I can't wait to see you all at Christmas, either! That will be awesome to be able to see all of the cousins!

Mom, I cannot describe to you how much I miss theater. I cannot even articulate how much I want to be back on stage! I MISS ROBINNE SO MUCH! I think of her all the time. Sometimes I even ask myself in certain situations "what would Robinne do?" She may have been my director on stage, but I carried the lessons that she taught me into every aspect of my life. I didn't so much realize it until I left, but she was always giving me a constant stream of amazing advice and golden lessons that made my life so much better! It's so weird to be away from all of that now. She offered me so much opportunity and I am so grateful that she had the faith in me to let me be a part of Les Miserables that first year. It has changed my life!

I can't explain how much theater STILL effects me! It is effecting my entire mission in such an amazing way. It sounds weird, but sometimes I feel like the characters of the shows I have done are standing right next to me helping me to know what to do. That may sound weird, but those who have done theater will understand. Sometimes when I feel down and I can't see the light, Joseph will be kneeling next to me helping me to know that light can be found in the darkest of places. Sometimes I will feel really alone and pushed away. Then suddenly, the Baker from Into the Woods will be right there beside me letting me know that No One is Alone. Other times I will be walking down the street and see someone in need, and suddenly Jean Valjean will be behind me, place his hand on my shoulder, and let me know that Christ would help them if He were there, so I should too. Sometimes when I am teaching someone and I feel really inadequate to be able to teach them, Ellard shows up and lets me know that I may not know everything, but that I know enough to make a difference. Sometimes I wonder if there really are people that need me out here, and then I remember Javert and how he needed truth his entire life, and because he never received it until it was too late, it destroyed him. I hope to be able to be a light to people that need it. The light that Javert needed, but didn't get until it was too late. Sometimes I wonder why I even came out here, and then Jo March is singing in my mind:

"I thought home was all I'd ever want,
my attic all I'd ever need,
but nothing feels the way it was before,
and I don't know how to proceed.

I only know I'm meant for something more,
I've got to know if I can be, Astonishing."

This mission is helping me understand that I can be Astonishing through Jesus Christ! I am so grateful for the things that I have learned in theater and I am thankful for all of the experience I have gained because of it. I can't tell Robinne enough how much I love her for showing me that I had some ability in that field.

I Love You, and I pray for you all the time. Stay safe and make sure you take care of yourselves!

-Elder Warenski

No comments:

Post a Comment