“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Monday, August 8, 2016

Mom!

 That is so crazy that Kristian is home! What a guy. It's so good to hear that everyone is getting home alright and that we're all finishing up so well! I'll bet Tara is just beside herself with joy! That's sad to hear about Aunt Kellie. I hope she will feel better quickly and I'll for sure pray for her. That's awesome that Uncle John has been doing all that family history. It will be good to find more and more people from our own family. I would have loved to have been there, but soon enough we'll all be together in the Temple :) I can't wait to take Cierra to do baptisms. Really looking forward to it. 

Thanks for buying a memory foam pad for my bed. Honestly, I was a total wuss before I came out here, Mom. I have slept on the floor, couches, couch cushions on the floor, and so many other weird places that now I think I could sleep anywhere! But thank you for the memory foam ;) That was the best. I actually had a memory foam pad on my bed in Cranbrook (over a rock hard mattress) and that is the best that I have slept on my mission thus far.

I'm seriously exhausted, Mom. Like, seriously. I have never worked so hard in my life. Elder Shah and I sit down together every Sunday night and review everything that we've done in the last week, and it legitimately makes us so tired, lol. I can't wait to take a few days to rest up and then get back in the game. It's going to be so good to be home. Last night while I was brushing my teeth, it finally sunk in how long it had been since I had seen all of you. Like.... 2 years finally made sense in my head, and me and my head agreed that that was way too long! It's worth it only for the Lord!
This week in Chestermere was groundbreaking! We have been teaching Jeff and Meyna Freele and I'm happy to report that they are now on date for baptism! They will be getting baptized with their son Caleb on the 27th of August! Yes, it will be after I am home, but that is totally alright! I'll get in contact with them after the mission for sure.
It truly is a miracle that these things have been happening. When we got to this area, there was nothing here. We had no investigators, 1 or 2 leads where we could find any investigators, and we knew nothing about the ward. But it's been 8 weeks since then, we have found an investigator every single week since we got here, and now 2 of them are on date for baptism. That is a miracle. Christ has really been watching over us and helping in all of the work that we are doing. I can honestly say that none of this work has come because of anything that Elder Shah and I have done. Every single person we have found has come to us straight from the Lord. We're just really thankful to Him more and more every day.
Elder Shah and I were able to go to the Calgary Temple this week. It was really great to be back in the Temple. That is one of the things that I look forward to the most for when I get home. Being in the Temple whenever I want will be a great thing to enjoy again.
Thanks for all of the support, prayers and love from back home!
Love you!

-Elder Warenski

No comments:

Post a Comment