“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Monday, August 15, 2016

Mom!
I'm glad that you were able to make it to Kristian's homecoming. I can't wait to see him again. Heck, I can't wait to MEET him again. I feel like with all of these missionaries returning, it isn't going to be so much like a reunion as it will be like being introduced to someone all over again. We're all going to be so different but so much the same simultaneously. Crazy stuff!
Funny that you mention the nightly hug I would give you before my mission. That has actually transferred to my companions while I've been out. I don't go to bed without telling them that I love them - in a totally manly way, of course ;D. It's guy love, that's all it is.... well you know the rest ;).
The schedule for next week goes like this! Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday are all regular proselyting days, but on Thursday morning I have to be at the mission home at 8:45 a.m. From there we begin the 3 hour drive down to Cardston. We pick up some missionaries in For McLeod, and then we meet up with Sister Connors and Sister Kendrick in Cardston as they are serving in BC. We'll do a session at the Temple, and then we get a special talk from the Temple President in the Sealing room. I'm excited for that! What an awesome opportunity to be there with your Mission President, a Temple President, and all of your friends to just talk about everything that is holy. It's going to be incredible. After that, we will drive back from the Temple to the mission home. We'll probably get back around 6:00 p.m. and then have dinner after President does interviews with the BC Sisters. Then we'll have the departing fireside with President and Sister Miles. President shows us a few videos by the Prophet and Apostles about going home and then we have a testimony meeting. That night the Elders will be staying at a hotel on McLeod Trail in Calgary, and the Sisters will be staying at an office couple's house. We'll get up in the morning, and then there are several different groups that will be leaving because they have different times. Because of the tight time limit in between our group and the group before us, we will at the airport at 9:00 a.m. even though our flight leaves at around 2:00 p.m. but that should be alright. We all have plenty of stories to tell and plenty of things we all need to catch up on. The flight will leave at 2, we'll land at around 4:20, and then bam. The moment we've all been waiting for ;) So that's the plans!
We can for sure go to the temple on the Monday when I get back! That sounds great. Especially if Grandpa is going to be Sealing. That will be awesome. 
It's amazing how everything is coming together so beautifully! Let me re-cap what happened last week.
So this last week was full of twists and turns, but they were all good. Elder Shah and I got a call on Monday morning from President. He told us that we would be getting another companion. So the next day after our district meetings, we went and picked up Elder De Young. He is actually from Spanish Fork! He's a funny guy. We all get a long really well and it has been a blast. Elder De Young was sent to us because the actual transfer day doesn't happen until September 1st. So President sent us Elder De Young so that when I leave Elder Shah won't be flying solo. We've all been having a great time together. On Friday we went on exchanges with the Assistants. I was able to go with Elder Cervantes to Woodbine and have dinner with the McLachlan's. That was a pretty awesome reunion. They are doing so well. It was one of those "full-circle" moments as Elder Cervantes calls them. Elder Cervantes is from Costa Rica and goes home with my group. We talked a lot about how everything in the mission is beginning to just fulfill. Seeing the McLachlan's and how happy they are and how much the gospel is a part of their lives has really inspired me. The Lord really is working with everyone we love. After exchanges with Elder Cervantes we had a lesson just last night that was incredible. We were teaching Meyna and her son Caleb. It was an amazing lesson. Caleb seriously was giving some of the best answers to our questions that I have heard on my mission, and he is only 10. Like seriously, when we showed him a picture of the First Vision and asked him what he saw, he said "I see God the Father and God the Son." I almost died. He's one of the brightest kids I've ever met. We taught them all about the Book of Mormon and the Restoration, and Caleb is now reading the Book of Mormon. They're still on track to be baptized soon after I return home.
We're seeing miracles up here, no doubt! The Lord is in this work, and I'm so grateful how close to Him I have grown because of my missionary service. A week from today I will write my final email as a missionary, so I'll save all of the "touchy feely" stuff for next week, but I'm just very grateful for all that has happened in my time here.

Love you all!

-Elder Warenski

No comments:

Post a Comment