“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Monday, June 27, 2016

Mom!

I'm glad that you got to go to Blythe's farewell! She's an amazing Gal. She'll do great. She's been one of those people who has emailed all of the guys from Merit pretty steadily over our entire missions. She sends us "Grace-notes" which are funny things that her little sister Grace did that week. They were hilarious and adorable. And Hunter and Gavin are both studs, so I'm not surprised they did incredible. It is pretty insane that all of the homecomings are starting up. Jameson is home and Jonah and Kristian on the way. That's pretty nuts to hear. I felt the exact same way about getting the itinerary for my flight home as you did. The thing that I have prepared my whole life for is coming slowly to a close. It is an intense feeling. I am super optimistic about the remaining months of my mission as well as my future after it is concluded, but I'm going to miss it when it is over :) In a pleasant way. Not the "I've been home for two months and still can't remember my mission without crying" sort of way. That way is bad, lol. And yes, I'm just glad that I had a Mom who always showed me the right way and raised me to be the independent person that I am always striving to become. I can hardly wait to get back to learning things. I think I want to be Indiana Jones. Travel, adventure, romance.... It's all there. Yeah, I think I'll be Indiana Jones. But I'm going to have to get better with a bull whip. Holy crap. An Elder brought a bull whip to p-day last week and I was trying to do the Indiana Jones style whip, and I totally lashed myself on the back. I had a huge red bleeding lash on my back... Super not okay... lol But hey! Occupational hazard, right? ;)
I'm so glad that you got to talk to Elder Shah's mom! Elder Shah has told some awesome stories about her. She's quite a fire-cracker, that one. Pretty amazing stories. Elder Shah once got jumped. His mom found out and she told him that he needed to go back and fight them to get even.  So she went with him to fight them again. Shah had to save her life pretty much. I'm telling you, they have the best stories ever, lol. I'm glad that Grams and Gramps liked the Balut story and videos. It was really pretty awesome. I loved having the experience. I'm glad that Abe Jr. is finally home! That's pretty epic. I still remember going to their house as the first appointment on my mission. That was pretty awesome. What a family to be the first family to meet!
I'm glad that you got to do some work with the refugees. That sounds like quite an interesting ride. I'm glad Cierra got to be a photographer! That sounds legit. The world events are just getting more and more interesting. I'm glad we believe what we believe.

Well I don't really have a great deal to fill everyone in on this week. We had a pretty normal week. We're working as hard as we can to try and get the area going better. We're really on to something though. Last week we dug up 7 potential investigators. We're working hard with our ward council to be able to get things going for them. Our goal this week is to get them all investigating and progressing. We've got some good prospects, so hopefully things will turn out. Just keep praying for us!
I'm so grateful for my mission! I'm loving every day and every experience! I love my companion! Shout out to Elder Shah. One of the greatest I've served with. Love that guy.

-Elder Warenski

No comments:

Post a Comment