“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

A "Titanic" ferry ride.

R2D2, Is that you?

That's a lot of stairs!

First, I want to share some amazing news with you! President Miles has announced to the mission that President Nelson of the Quorum of the Twelve will be visiting us on June 11th! Needless to say, I'm PUMPED. I don't know how our mission keeps on getting so lucky with having General Authorities come. It's amazing. But yeah! So that's big news. Another thing is that I have some potential to get transferred on June 9th. We shall see though. I would give myself an 85% chance of leaving. It would be my last area. Which brings up the next thing!

This week Elder Owens and I were preparing for our Zone Training Meeting, and I was reading through a talk by Elder Bednar called "Becoming a Preach My Gospel Missionary". It is an incredible talk. Great advice and counsel for missionaries that want to become better. But this is the kicker. I experienced my first big wave of bittersweet-ness about leaving the mission. Realization is finally hitting me. As I was reading the talk, I realized that the talk wouldn't be addressed to me forever. In the talk, Elder Bednar is talking specifically to missionaries. And I realized that one day, that wouldn't be me anymore. The day will one day come when I won't be a full time missionary any longer, and suddenly when I read that talk, Elder Bednar won't specifically be talking to me... How depressing is that?!?! Haha, I think those are the things that I will miss the most. But you know what, things end, and it's okay. When the time comes, I will be ready to look forward with hope and a whole lot of enthusiasm. The mission has made me a pretty happy guy ;)

I trust the Lord with all that I am and I know He looks after each of us.

Love you!

Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment