“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Monday, March 28, 2016

So this week was pretty awesome. Easter was fantastic, and because of all of our prayers as a family and as a zone, the work picked up in Cranbrook! We put an investigator on date for baptism and he came to church yesterday! But PLEASE continue to pray that we'll be able to find more people that are prepared to hear the gospel! Yesterday was Easter! We had a little bit of an Easter dinner with the Hall family in our ward, and Sister Hall made us little Easter baskets. It was great.
I don't have a lot of time today, so I'm just going to share a little bit of a talk that I gave yesterday in sacrament meeting.

I was asked to give a talk on the Resurrection that I delivered yesterday in church. Resurrection is a pretty straight forward doctrine, so I used the time that I had to explain why that doctrine meant so much to me personally. I talked to them about an Elder that I met in the mission whose mother passed away while he was out on the mission. He overcame the struggle from that simply by looking to the Savior and relying upon the promised Resurrection. He knows he'll hug his mother again. I then talked a little bit about Seth. I really miss him. I talked about how because of the Resurrection, I will one day give him a hug again. Then I closed off with the hardest one to talk about.

I talked about Uncle Dave. I told the congregation that I had no real memory of him, but that I felt as though I knew him in my own way. I explained to them that he was a lot of the reason that I was on my mission at all. I told them about a memory I have of Grandma saying a prayer on the anniversary of Uncle Dave's death. We were all at their house for Sunday dinner with Aunt Kellie, Uncle Kels and the kids. I remember Grandpa asking Grandma to say the prayer. As I knelt on the carpet, I peeked during the prayer because I heard Grandma start to get emotional the very second she started to talk about Uncle Dave. I saw her sitting on the couch, arms folded, head bowed, and tears flowing. She told Heavenly Father how much she missed Uncle Dave, but she also thanked Him for sending His own Son. She thanked Him for living a life like He did so that she could hold her own son in her arms again. As a kid, this really touched me deeply to hear my Grandmother being filled with hope even in the midst of remembering what must have been one of the hardest experiences she has ever lived through.

To all my family, I know that one day, we will be with Uncle David again and that he will have a glorified body of flesh and bone that will be ready to receive all of the hugs and kisses that we all have been saving for him. I know that everyone that we have lost will be waiting to receive us. Grandma Warenski. Aunt Doreen. Grandma and Grandpa Brague. Everyone.

And most of all, I know that this will happen because I know Jesus Christ. He really has become my greatest friend. I am closer to Him now more than any other person. I know He watches over me.

I know Him. And I know that He wants us to try to know Him better than we do now. Our relationship with Him grows according to our will.

Easter was powerful for me because I grew closer to the Savior.

I love Him, and I love my Family. I guess I could even say that I now love my family even more than ever because I have come to know my Savior better than ever before.

Do everything you can to grow closer to Him. It will be worth every sacrifice you could ever make.

-Elder Warenski

No comments:

Post a Comment