“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Monday, March 14, 2016


Nate and Sister Spackman. Daughter of N. Eldon Tanner

Nate with Elder Hopoi

New area, new companion


Sorry that you never got an email for the blog last week.... I tried to send one but it didn't work... Stupid myldsmail..... so dumb. And snail mail will be even worse because I am serving in BC, we seldom get mail. The next time we will get mail is when we have zone conference in 2 weeks. And then I don't know how long it will be until the next time.

So now for my update:

So I'm a little bummed out this week.... We just got an announcement from President Miles that Elder Christofferson will be visiting our mission on April 16th... I should be happy, right? Well, the catch is that no one in the south zones actually gets to meet him.... We only get to have the event in Calgary live-streamed to us in Lethbridge.... I suppose I should just be grateful that I get to hear from an apostle, but it does kind of stink that no one down here gets to meet him.... Really sad...

Other than that, I wanted to relate to you something about what happened at our Mission Leadership Council that took place this last Wednesday. This will help you understand a little bit more about Elder Hopoi.

We were nearing the end of our meeting and President Miles asked a few people to bear their testimonies. Elder Hopoi was one of them. As he was about to stand and bear his testimony, he whispered to me "stand up!" and so I did. There we were standing next to one another. Elder Hopoi started talking about family, and then he told everyone that family is the reason why he had me stand next to him. He said that I was his brother, and that when I fell, he fell. When I was happy, he was happy. It was really emotional. Most of the people in the room were having a hard time keeping it together. And then Elder Hopoi asked if everyone would stand up with us. After everyone, including President and Sister Miles, had stood, Elder Hopoi said, choking back his own emotion, "There. That is how it should be. One big family. It's like my Dad used to tell me, 'Ofa Lahi Atu.'" Ofa Lahi Atu in Tongan means I love you. Everyone in the room was stunned at what we had been taught. Elder Hopoi has taught me even more than I already knew before that family is the most important thing in - or out - of the world. I'm so grateful that I have all of you back home, and I want you to know that I think of you every night and day. And every minute in between. You're my motivation and my happiness. The greatest fear that I have ever thought of has been not living with you all and Heavenly Father again. That is truly my greatest fear, and that is why I work so hard to be certain that that will never happen.

Thanks for all of the support from back home. I can feel your prayers and your support and it really does help. Please keep praying for Elder Hopoi and I, as well as our area. Pray that Hearts can be softened to accept the Gospel. To accept the Savior.

The only other thing that I want to mention this week is the new Easter Initiative that has been presented by the church. I can't tell you how important it is! Scream it in the streets!!!! So many people can be touched by the spirit as a result of seeing the video/visiting the website, etc. Please don't be shy to invite your friends to the website or the video. It encourages all mankind to accept the Savior and follow His teachings. And I encourage everyone who is reading this to visit FollowHim.mormon.org! Investigate what this is all about. Find the Savior. He will heal you and help you. I know this because He has done it for me so many times.

I love you all!

-Elder Warenski

No comments:

Post a Comment