“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Mom!
Thanks for sending my pictures to missionary mall! That will be great to have my grey pants back! They were my favorites. Easter goodies sound delightful ;) But try and send them as soon as you can because I am only going to get mail every once in awhile in BC.... I am about 4 hours from Calgary, so we only are going to get mail about twice or three times a month. That's awesome that Missionary Mall asked if I was alright! That's sweet. Customer care! I like it.

That's sweet that you have been working so hard on the set! I really do miss that.... Despite the fact that I was pretty chunky back home, I'm pretty sure working in the theater was one of the only things that was keeping me even remotely fit.
I'm looking forward to the summertime as well! It's going to be so gorgeous in Cranbrook! Very mountainous and woods-y. Look up "Cranbrook B.C." in google images and you'll know what I mean.

Well, for the update portion of my week, I don't really have a ton to report. I was told on Sunday night that I would be getting transferred and we picked up the new assistant - Elder Hernan Cervantes - yesterday. He's about the best darn guy there is. And he's hilarious. We are going to be picking up the new missionaries today at the airport. It will be my last time doing it, so that should be a blast. Tomorrow we'll be doing some training for them, and then on Thursday I will be on my way to Cranbrook :) I have honestly learned so much from having this assignment. It's changed my life. I have so much more confidence and trust in the Lord because of it. I can see the ways that I've grown, and it makes me so grateful that the Lord would orchestrate all of this so perfectly so that I would have such an amazing chance to grow. I've also gained a huge desire to see the Mission succeed, not just my own area. I care so much more about whether we succeed as a mission. But I think the greatest thing I've gained from all this is that I am even closer to Christ. I can honestly say that I know Him. He walks with me every day. He hears every word that I pray. He lights up my life and helps me along when I am struggling. He is here for me just as He is here for you, and I am so grateful for all of the care that He gives me. As I've depended on Him, I've never been disappointed or let down. Prayers are not always answered in the way we think they will, but they are always answered, and they are answered in the right way.

Thanks for all of the support from all of my family and friends. Thanks to my friends back home who write me, thanks to people like Beth McIver who sends me the best seasonal packages, and Grandma Jackson for writing me letters faithfully almost every week. And thanks for all of the prayers. I feel them, and I am trying as hard as I can to honor them.

I love you all!

-Elder Warenski

No comments:

Post a Comment