“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

That is awesome news about the Payson Temple Youth Celebration being broadcast live at stake centers! I will be sure to let President Sugden know! I'm super excited to see it. All the hard work! And Greg. What a stud. We will bring anyone and everyone we can! I'll set it up and be there! It'll be like me being able to see one of your shows;) So glad that Quincy uh..... "Christened".... my room/bed. How kind of her. I suppose I'll forgive her since she's not even a month old;D I'm glad that Heavenly Father is watching out for us and that He is helping you out with everything. That is the answer to my prayers.

Alright so here is my news. There's a fair bit this week.
First of all, I need to tell a story.

This last Thursday was transfer day, and while I did not get transferred there was still some surprising excitement.
Normally, Elder Smith and I would not attend transfers, but we were helping Sister Baer haul some luggage to transfer station. That's why we were there in the first place. As we were there, I had to talk to President Nicholas about some things with ward switches in our area, so Elder Smith and I stayed for the actual transfer meeting. President Nicholas gave a short message - as he always does - and then he called one of his Assistants up (also named Elder Smith, but not my companion) to conduct the transfer. They call out the transfers by Zone. They call out who the companionships are for each area. Our Zone - Lethbridge East - was the last zone to be called up. Now, there were only so many options left for our zone. We needed a district leader and Zone Leaders as well as a couple replacement missionaries for other areas and we were all trying to guess how it was going to go. A.P. Smith called out Elder Weidner and Elder Fairbanks as our Zone Leaders. They are AMAZING. I love Elder Weidner. I actually sat next to him on the plane. I think I actually wrote about him in one of my first emails. He is an incredible missionary. I've also worked with Elder Fairbanks before and he is also a great missionary. So we got hooked up! Our only option for our District Leader was Elder Fekete. He is awesome and we all thought for sure that he would be the DL for the Taber District and be companions with Elder Perruca. But he wasn't. A.P. Smith called him out as going to the Forestry ward with Elder Treeseeder. That confused everyone. We were wondering if they had moved the district leader area from Coaldale to Forestry. So I raised my hand to ask.

"So you switched the District Leader area, President?" I asked.

President looked confused and then looked at the list that A.P. Smith had at the pulpit. He then looked at me and said:

"No Elder Warenski. You are the District Leader for the Taber District."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, normally for a leadership assignment, the Assistants will call you to warn you. I looked at A.P. Smith at the pulpit and said "Elder Smith, I didn't get a call or an email!" He just laughed and said "Sometimes that happens Elder" and then winked at me.

Lol thanks a lot.

So now I am the District Leader of the Taber District. Called the old fashioned way, right over the pulpit, hahaha.
I had my first District Meeting as a district leader today. It was pretty cool. I hope the others enjoyed it. The Zone Leaders were there, and I look up to them so much I hope I didn't disappoint.

So anyway. That was exciting.

Also! This week a miracle happened;D We were driving out of the Taber Walmart parking lot, and there was a huge bus parked at the back end. All of these girls were screaming at us. Elder Smith and I decided that we should probably stop and say hi;D

They were from Raymond - right next to Magrath, my last area - and they had been up here playing Volleyball. We passed out some copies of the Book of Mormon and chatted for a minute or two. Our day got significantly better:)

One of the goals we have going for our Zone right now is a goal to ask for 500 referrals in a week. That requires all the companionships to ask for about 10 referrals a day. We are rocking it so far and hopefully some good things will come of it.

I gave my first training today, and it went smooth so I think things are going to be okay. The Sister Missionaries are saying that I hit it out of the park, so that's a good sign. They're really picky. I also got Sister Hernandez back and I'm so stoked!

And something else interesting, I was ordering on 1-800-CONTACTS. And you'll never believe it! I was chatting online with a customer service guy. While we were getting the card problem sorted out I decided to do some missionary work. So I typed that I was an LDS Missionary serving in Canada and that he should look into the church at lds.org. He replied back that he was an R.M. and that he served in South America! What are the chances of that?!
The weather is awesome. It has been staying around 25 degrees for weeks now! So nice!

 
We were also at a lesson this week at a family's house in Barnwell. I was talking about my family and how Mikaila just had a baby. One of the little girls came right up to me and asked me ever so intensely "Was it (the baby) a boy or a girl?!". I told her that Quincy was a girl and she said the most hilarious thing:
"Phew! I don't want the boy thing to continue...." Hahahaha! We all had a good laugh. You can tell
how much she loves her brothers;D

Not much to say other than that this week, other than the fact that tomorrow is my 9 month anniversary! I hope that everything is going well. I love you so much!


Elder Warenski

No comments:

Post a Comment