“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Friday, April 3, 2015

Glad Dolly is over. I could tell that you guys were having a go of it, so I'm glad that all of that stress is behind you. I know it was hard, but of all of the accounts I have heard - from you, Benjamin Griffin, Blythe, etc. - I've been really proud of the way our theater department responded. Blythe told me about the day at the Temple grounds where everyone sang hymns and offered prayer. What an incredible group. They have it figured out. In a time of trouble, petition the Lord and He will never let you down. Also proud of the volunteers who got the lights up in time for the show (Blythe said it was several hours of work so that is amazing). I will begin praying for the Lord to provide someone to give the theater the needed money for the lighting system. He will provide. I know He will. I'll also send out an email to Jonah, Kristian, Tyler, and Will. We'll all be praying for it. We all owe a lot to the theater. Blythe is so amazing.... What a girl! She mentioned in her email that Dolly would be her last show with Merit in High School, and that cut me deep! It reminded me of how that felt with 7 Brides! So crazy. It's all so surreal.
I am kinda apprehensive about transfers, but that is normal. Transfers are always horror. Not knowing who you will be with is the scariest part. New areas are not even a stress. I seriously would be fine with serving anywhere. It's just the companion. That's the scary part. But I'll be alright. I trust God, and I've already survived 5 transfers, so I'll be fine. Elder Reid seriously isn't that bad. We all have our moments. He's a homie;D

I can't believe Enoch is almost home! That is insane! I still remember the day I said goodbye to him. It was right before Joseph opened. NUTS. I'll bet Kate is excited;D Ginger and Nitsua have been emailing me all the time. They tell me what's going on at work and stuff, so I'm getting updates. They have no excuse to be slacking on keeping in touch with you! They're in the same bloody city! I read Benjamin's epistle and loved EVERY WORD. Seriously, it was a bomb. Such a blast to hear from him. He's such a good guy. If only we could all be as good as Ben Griffin. We'd all be headed straight for heaven.

I have pictures, but I am working on getting them on. So many issues. But they are coming! And I have pictures from "Writing On Stone". It was so cool! It looks like Goblin Valley. There are tons of Hoodoos everywhere and it was loads of fun to run through them right next to Milk River. It was a blast. Not any plans for Easter. Probably just same old same old. We will be going to the Stake Center for Conference. Just like last time with Elder Gibbs. It is like the SUPERBOWL for missionaries, so we'll probably get some junk food and line it up in between us on the pew. We will feast on the spirit and on our junk food;D 

I got Aunt Kellie's package! It was so awesome. Seriously. Just hearing from all of the family was a blast. I especially loved Jake's. He can rest assured that all the time that he spent trying to get the hand-writing right payed off. I could read every word! I am just surprised his egg was wrapped in a walmart bag and duct taped shut;D

Nothing super incredible happened this week. Just kinda the same old grind. Just gearing up for Conference and trying to do better every day. The mission gets better with every day that passes. I seriously can't believe I'm already 7 months out.... It's incredible to me. I've dreamed all my life about coming on a mission, but now I'm already 7 months done, and not nearly the missionary I want to be by the end of it! Anyway, I hope all is well, and if it isn't, it will be;)

-Elder Warenski



No comments:

Post a Comment