“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Families Are Forever!


Glad you liked the slurpee pictures. It was a fun night, and we were absolutely sugar wasted afterward.  (It was "any container" Slurpee night. Nice container, right?)
 I'm super glad that Dolly got off the ground with relatively small bumps and bruises. I'm PSYCHED you had a $1,000 night. That makes me happy. I remember when we finished Joseph and ran the numbers to find that it was the highest paid show performed out of Merit's theater. I hope you guys break the record;D
As for investigators, things got a little bad this week. I know, it's only the second day of the week. We had an appointment set up with Aganita last night. She called us and cancelled, which really upset us. What most likely happened is this: She probably went to church on Sunday with her regular church and told someone that we met with her. Then her minister or someone out of her congregation probably told her not to meet with us anymore. I can only imagine the pressure that she's facing. But that is probably the reason why she dodged us, and I'd bet that it's going to be difficult to ever meet with her again. It's a really sad thing, but all we can do is do our best. 

Transfers are in two weeks, and I don't think that I will be getting transferred. Elder Reid will most likely be getting moved, though. He'll probably be transferred up to Calgary, as has been the pattern with all of the Elders that serve in Taber. Everyone in my district keeps on teasing me that I am going to get a training call. I don't even know what to think about that. I don't know how much I would enjoy training in Taber, but I'm not worried about it. Heavenly Father will see me through whatever needs to happen.

I totally understand what you are saying about the world being in turmoil. It reminds me of D&C 97:23 :

23 The Lord’s scourge shall pass over by night and by day, and the report thereof shall vex all people; yea, it shall not be stayed until the Lord come;

"The report (or the news) thereof shall vex all people..." That couldn't be more true. Everyone is getting so downhearted and depressed over the happenings in the world. And honestly, who can blame them? There is some pretty shady stuff going down. But you know, there is so much to be happy for. I've been trying to think of things that make me happy this week, and one thing that really came up has been my family. I think of You, of Dad, of Mikaila and Cierra, of Grandpa and Grandma, I think of Jake, Ben, and Josh, I think of Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, and all I can do is feel happy. Family has been a growing thought in my mind this week. Not in the sense of home-sickness or anything, but just about how profoundly grateful I am for the blessings of the gospel on behalf of families. Because we have the temple and the blessings of the gospel, I have the opportunity to live with my family FOREVER. Eternally. By no power of any being can that be taken away as long as I am righteous. I think of Grandpa a lot. I look up to him so much. I think back to Mikaila and Justin's Sealing and watching my Grandfather officiate in something so sacred. Watching Justin and Mikaila begin an earthly life together that will have Eternal Meaning because of their love of God. If no one else in that Sealing room was changed by what they saw and heard, I was. Heavenly Father loves us enough to allow us to have our own family to enjoy through the eternities. He loves us enough to give us the same blessings that he gave to Abraham: Seed and Posterity, Land and Inheritance, and Priesthood and Dominion. We have all of these things to secure ONE THING. The only thing in this world that really matters:

Family.

That is the truth that keeps me hopeful and happy:) How can I be sad when I know that I will be with my family forever in Eternal Happiness? I bear testimony that this gospel holds the keys and power to administer an Eternal Family to all that desire it. Since I was a little kid I have loved my family. All of the efforts that went into allowing us to spend time with one another and enjoy each other were never wasted. The gospel of Jesus Christ and the ordinances of the Temple can make those feelings permanent. Eternal.

Doctrine and Covenants 130:2
2 And that same sociality which exists among us here will exist among us there, only it will be coupled with eternal glory, which glory we do not now enjoy.

I can't imagine my time spent with my family being any greater than that which I've already experienced, but it will be. The good memories will be better if we only follow the gospel teachings.

Most of all, I am so grateful for the opportunity that the Lord is granting me to be able to offer this message to others. I am so grateful for the opportunity to show others that happiness and to be able to promise them the perpetuation of family ties beyond this life. It is a privilege.

Thanks to all of the family for their support. It really means to much to me and I love you all. Thank you for all you do for me.

Keep your chins up!!! Nothing is ever that bad;D

-Elder Warenski

No comments:

Post a Comment