“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Thanks for the St. Paddy's day wishes, and the same to you! I told Elder Reid that we had to wear green ties, so I am sporting my Emerson House tie that Joni gave me, and he is wearing a tie that he dug out of the bottom of his suitcase. It's enormous! Probably the fattest tie I've ever seen. I'll for sure sing Danny Boy for you Mom! It always makes me think of President Hinckley. He was (is) such a stud. Tell Sister Evans thank you for the invitation! I will put a little message at the end of this email that you can copy and paste into the ward newsletter for them.
Sorry that Dolly has been stressful. Blythe has been telling me some of the stories.... She sympathizes with you and Robinne. She has been wondering if you two would make it through. AND I CAN'T BELIEVE THE FETCHING LIGHTS GAVE OUT! Holy heck! I leave you guys alone for 7 months and everything is already falling apart!;) But hey! With help like Jon Haws, you can't go wrong. He'll get things in order. The props are going missing??? Hmmm..... I think I read something in Ether about that. Check this out:

1 And now there began to be a great curse upon all the land because of the iniquity of the people, in which, if a man should lay his tool or his sword upon his shelf, or upon the place whither he would keep it, behold, upon the morrow, he could not find it, so great was the curse upon the land.

That's Ether 14:1. Is there much iniquity happening in the theater??? You should check that out;D
You say that if you make it through this one, you can deal with pretty much anything, but we said the same thing about Sweeney and we made it through that one, so I think you'll be alright;D Just so long as you two don't go crazy and storm out and quit;D Mikaila sent me her maternity pics and I saw them on Facebook the other day during online proselyting! Her belly is SO huge! I'm actually super blown away by the one that she took where she was in the white dress and Justin was in his fatigues. Her face looks so much like yours in that picture!!! It's so awesome!

I'm super glad that you miss me, and I'm also happy that you enjoy hearing about what I'm doing up here because oh BOY do I have a story for you from this week!!! A miracle happened last night. SO AWESOME! Alright here it goes:

So yesterday was really hard. It was p-day ( I KNOW! You'd think p-day would have been a breeze, but it was not...) and Elder Reid and I were really tired. We weren't quite getting along, either. We were just bickering. But we drove out of Lethbridge and to Barnwell where our dinner appointment was. We ate with the family, gave our message, and went back to our flat so that we could use the restroom, re-apply make-up, you know.... Just that kinda stuff. Well Reid came out of the bathroom, and he really didn't want to do any work. I asked him if there was anything he could think of that we could do as far as missionary work goes, and he said no. I tried to come up with ideas of what to do but I wasn't getting anything. The more I pushed it, the more ticked Reid got at me, and I was starting to get angry because I wanted to do Missionary Work. So I said a prayer. I was BEGGING Heavenly Father to help me get us out of the apartment and doing something productive. So I grabbed the Area Book and started rooting through it. I saw the "Potential Investigators" section and I felt like that was our best option at that point. So I grabbed the area book and told Reid that we were going to go visit potential investigators... He was so ticked... Doors were slammed, glares were given, and there was just a general bad attitude. Like I've said before, I am not the perfect missionary. I have made plenty of mistakes on my mission. But dang it, I try hard to be a good missionary.
Eventually, I got him in the car and we started visiting houses. I was praying SO HARD that Heavenly Father would bless us with some success so that we could feel better about the situation. We visited the first house, but there was no answer. So we went to the next house. It first needs to be said that Elder Reid and I have been trying to find a new investigator for quite awhile, but with no luck. But a miracle happened! We knocked on the door of the second house, and a little boy came to the door. I asked him if his parents were home, and he called up the stairs of the small apartment to his mother. A minute or two later, Aganita Burgen walked down the stairs and began talking with us. We asked her if we could share a message with her about Jesus Christ, and she was SO eager to sit down with us. Her son as well. We sat down and got their names (the son's name is Amos) and just kind of talked with them for a little while. Apparently Aganita had received surgery about 3 months ago on her back. She had 3 vertebrae fused together and a chipped bone taken care of. And just before that, her husband had left her with 2 kids. She was so stressed and out of sorts. She needed us, and I could feel it. I was so sure. We asked if it would be alright to pray before our message, and Elder Reid offered a BEAUTIFUL prayer that really welcomed the Spirit. My prayers were being answered. We began the lesson. She wept through 80% of it. The spirit was INTOXICATING. Elder Reid and I taught with incredible unity (if we do say so ourselves) and the things we taught were well received. She already had such a burning testimony of Jesus Christ and how the Lord had been helping her through her trials. We introduced her to the Book of Mormon and I promised her that if she accepted it's teachings she would know God vividly and that she would receive even more help and support than she had ever experienced before.
She and her 12 year old son Amos both took a Book of Mormon and committed to read and pray about it. We also invited them to come to church, and she said maybe. They are attending the New Life church here in Taber, and so we will have to address that concern. But it was EVERYTHING I had prayed for. When we shared the First Vision with them, Elder Reid shared it powerfully. It was incredible. Aganita wept through it, and Amos was blown away that Heavenly Father would speak to someone just a few years older than he was! It really was a beautiful experience. At the end of the lesson we left the apartment and Reid and I were jumping for joy. We were so happy. We had picked up two investigators and had experienced one of the most spiritual lessons ever! It was incredible. This grew my testimony so much. Heavenly Father answers prayers. I knew it before, but I know it even better now. Anyway, that is my missionary experience of the week;D

I hope that everyone is doing well and that everyone is remembering to keep close to God. Thanks, like always, for all of the support from my family and friends. I love you all so much!

-Elder Warenski

No comments:

Post a Comment