“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Monday, April 25, 2016

Yes I do indeed have a new companion! Elder Daniel Owens from Ucon Idaho. He's an outdoors kinda guy and loves it here in BC. He's honestly perfect for the area. I'm glad I've still got Elder Manarii as well. He's such a funny guy. So cool that you went to Melissa's homecoming! I'm glad she did so well. Honestly, I know exactly what you're talking about when you explained your deja vu to me. Try being out in the field and then having all of the sisters that you came out with go home a month ago! That feels insane! You almost feel a little left behind because of the fact that you came out with them. It feels like you should be finishing with them, but you're not. Weird stuff, but whatever.

I can't believe that by the end of May I will have been out of High School for 2 years.... Holy cow.... That's insane. I honestly miss Merit! It was so good when I was there. I miss the theater most of all though... Gosh dangit I have so many withdrawals it's nuts. Elder Owens is a fan of 7 Brides for 7 Brothers. So I may or may not have downloaded Sobbin' Women onto my USB so that we could sing it :) Elder Owens actually has a pretty nice voice, and he also has a guitar that he brings to every area. We've been having a good ol' time every night singing a few songs before bed. Honestly, I feel really good right now. I'm singing, laughing - lots lately because of all the funny people in our zone - and Elder Owens and I are even running around 2 miles every morning. I never thought I'd say it, but I actually really have come to like running. Not the actual action itself - because it's painful and uncomfortable - but the feeling after is amazing. I'm not as tired anymore or anything like that. It's great. I've been running around 2 miles every morning for about 2 weeks now. I'm getting buff calves like Karen Amsden!!! ;D That was actually only a joke. Karen will always have the most ripped calves of them all.

Anyway,
This week was great! We had a miracle happen at church - your prayers are working! In sacrament meeting this week during the sacrament, I was writing in my journal. I have a special journal that I keep where I write "letters" to Christ. I do it all throughout the day if I think of something I want to talk to Him about or whatever. I like it because it's a way of recording my prayers. Someday my kids will read it when I'm dead ;) But anyway! Back to the story. So I was writing in it during sacrament meeting and I asked the Lord to please give us some more people to teach who really want to hear the gospel. Who have questions and who have desire. After sacrament meeting, my companion and I had to give a blessing to someone instead of going straight to gospel principles, so we went and gave the blessing and then tried to hustle to class as fast as we could. When we got back to class Brother Shortridge - our ward mission leader - was teaching the lesson, and we saw a girl sitting in the back of the class that we hadn't seen before. She was answering questions and everything. Brother Shortridge made it known through the course of the lesson that she wasn't a member! After the lesson - which was littered with this girl's awesome questions - we talked with her and asked her if she wanted to take the discussions. Brother Shortridge was a champ and told her that it was our job to explain the gospel to people. So we have our first appointment with her on Wednesday night at 8 o'clock! Pretty amazing! I thank God for watching out for us! He literally answered my prayer before I even prayed it because the girl was apparently already in sacrament meeting when we got there, we just didn't see her!

I love the Lord so much. He knows exactly what to give us at exactly the right time. It was really nice to see this girl find more truth and to see her eyes light up when things began to make sense.

I'm really grateful this week for my family. My Family drives me and keeps me going through thick and thin. I recently put up a bunch of pictures of everyone right above my desk, and it has proved to be pretty inspiring and motivating. It reminds me what I am doing all of this for: My family, and the families of others.

I love you!

-Elder Warenski

No comments:

Post a Comment