“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Monday, April 11, 2016

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKAILA! Tomorrow is Mikaila's birthday and I love her so much!

Alright now for the update:

Well I'm super happy to hear that you fasted for me, Mom, because that paid off. The week before last was pretty rough and Elder Hopoi and I were determined to get some awesome things done this week. And boy did we ever. Thanks to your fast, an inspiring email from Dad, and a lot of really really desperate prayers, we've finally begun to see some amazing success and miracles happen in our area.

Miracle 1:

We cover an outlying town from Cranbrook called Kimberley. It's up in the mountains to the Northwest of Cranbrook. A few weeks back Elder Christensen and I were on exchanges together - yes, my old companion - and we saw two kids sitting on a driveway on their phones. I put on a smile and started talking with them. We even took a face swap picture on snapchat. Then we gave them a pass-a-long card. Didn't think much else of it. A few weeks later, we get a text from them. They said they wanted to meet up. This is the first time in 19 months of my mission that I have ever had someone call one of my pass-a-long cards back. Such a stinking miracle! But it gets better. Elder Hopoi went up to Kimberley to have a lesson with them, and they were so awesome. We put them on date for baptism on the first lesson. It was amazing. The spirit was so strong. Then, after that, we went to an appointment with Darcy and Hayden again. We taught them the Plan of Salvation, and they absolutely loved it. Hayden is a really sharp kid. He answered all of the questions like he already knew the gospel, haha. After we left the lesson, we got a text from Darcy thanking us for coming over and helping he and his son become closer as father and son. It was amazing. They are also shooting to come to church this coming Sunday as a family. Darcy also has a little girl named Brook. It will be awesome to finally meet her. She had been with her mom for all this time. She's around 4 years old.

Miracle 2:

I got a text from the Assistants. Elder Christensen was telling me about some amazing things that happened in good ol' Woodbine Ward! I found out that Heather Littlelight, Tyson Littlelight (Heather's Grandson), and Alan Samad all were baptized! They were people that Elder Christensen and I found and taught together. Heather and Tyson are both from the Tsuu T'Ina reservation. I seriously can't even tell you how happy I am to hear that the seeds that we planted have finally been harvested. One of the most amazing things.

Miracle 3:

We had an awesome ward council this last Sunday. This may seem like a small one compared with the other two, but I can't tell you how happy I am for this. The members were coordinating well and everyone talked about individuals the entire time. The spirit was there and everyone seemed to be working together.

All in all, our prayers, fasting, and faith have all been paying off. Keep going! Keep praying! We can take all the work the Lord can give us!

I love you all, and I'm so grateful that the Lord loves us!

-Elder Warenski

No comments:

Post a Comment