“Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.” Lord Of The Rings, J.R.R. Tolkein

Monday, December 21, 2015

Mother Dear!

Sorry to you - and everyone else who reads this - that there wasn't a very substantial message this last week! To further explain the hoopla of last week, I'd need to tell a story longer than I am willing to type, so I'll just give you the tiny version.

This transfer was an absolute headache. It didn't help that I also got the flu in the middle of it.... Sheesh.... All of the stake boundaries for the city of Calgary were re-aligned recently, so there was a headache and a half trying to get all of our zones figured out, all of our missionaries situated, and figuring out who should cover what ward, where 100 missionaries were going to email their families, have p-day, district meetings, and zone meetings, etc. It was seriously insane. We've been dealing with the repercussions of the transfer since it happened. It's bad news bears, lol. On the bright side, however! I was at the departure fireside for the missionaries that were going home, and in the middle of the meeting, in walks Doug Clarke! He was one of my companions when I was serving in the Fish Creek YSA a few months back! He had flown in from BC to come and say hello to a few people. It was a tender mercy. Seeing him was amazing. He really was a brother to me.
Like I said, Elder Christensen and I are getting along SMASHINGLY. We've already gone through some pretty crazy things together as far as transfers go, so we are fast friends. Elder Christensen is from Logan, UT, and is a classic farm boy. I really enjoy his "get 'r' done" attitude. We're laughing and joking all the time, so things are great. We had our southern mission Christmas party on Saturday as well! The south half of the mission all gathered in Lethbridge and we had a great big meal and an amazing fireside by President and Sister Miles. There were lots of really great musical numbers as well that were put on by the missionaries, as well as some of the senior missionaries from the office. We have two new Senior Missionaries. Elder and Sister Thorley. They have really good voices. We'll be having the Christmas party for the North zones on Tuesday at 6 o'clock, so that should be really fun.
Other than that, we're just hunkering down for Christmas! We don't really have a tree.... or decorations.... or anything like that, lol.... But we are going to be just fine. Between being at the McLachlan's house and being at President's we'll be in good hands.

Well that's kind of all there is for the update.

Pictures will be coming soon! I forgot my cord to plug my camera into the computer..... :( But don't worry! They will be up soon enough. That's good to hear that my beloved dream bars are on their way :') I have missed them so much. That's so good to hear about Merit's students getting out and doing some awesome things in the community. That is really going to help the school get out there and get known. I'M SO PUMPED THAT CIERRA GOT MARTHA!!!!!! I am seriously dying!!!! We freaking tried to get her to audition for a lead for AGES and now she FINALLY has one!!!!!! I will definitely be praying for her. The first lead is a scary one, but she'll do wonderfully:) She's on of us! It's in her blood as much as it is in ours. I believe in her!!!

Anyway, things are going great! My "Dark Year" is almost over! That is a missionary term for the year that you don't see your family at all. I didn't see you guys at all in the year of 2015... But I will in 2016 ;)

I can't wait for Christmas and I'm loving the opportunity to serve Christ at this time of year! I love you!

-Elder Warenski

No comments:

Post a Comment